PDA

View Full Version : on the tube

charliegee
08-11-2009, 10:18 PM
hello all

not sure if there are many home counties / london based childminders here

but wondering - have you ever used the tube with you mindees at all

am hoping to do a big outing but not sure about permissions etc (thinking risk assessing tube crowds / escallators etc may be a nightmare but hoping it won't be!)

what are you thoughts? - I use the tube all the time with my own family / LO and suddently thought - wonder if I could as a childminder with mindees?

x

Blaze
09-11-2009, 01:35 AM
You need signed permission from parents to use public transport (I use a general day to day one to cover trains/buses/tubes, as & when) & I also try to do parental permission slips if I'm going on a big day trip type of outing covering place & the travel to & from there IYSWIM. You also need to do a risk assessment & perhaps have a terrorist attack policy or include a bit on this in your RA (as the tube system & buses for that matter have been targeted in the past).

HTH:)

The Juggler
09-11-2009, 07:24 AM
maybe I'm a bit blase as I've always travelled by london transport myself but I have a permission for for outings, always mention where and how we are travelling to parents to Ok it and I have an outings risk assessment which covers, trains, cars and other transports.

I don't do a specific one for each journey and ofsted were fine.

I've taken them on train rides in london to big parks (crystal palace), the natural history museum by train and tube and by london bus. My hubby comes to give me a hand.