PDA

View Full Version : What car seats for an old style Zafira?

prettysunflower
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi all,

I need to get 3 car seats across the back seat of my Zafira (middle seat is a lap belt) but also need to be able to fit them in the rear (boot) seats sometimes.

Any ideas which seats fit best? Would really like to get some stage 1/2/3 seats so i don't have to keep taking them out for the after schoolies, I had a look in our local baby shop but they all seem so wide :( Think i'm looking for the impossible! :laughing:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Amanda x

jumpinjen
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes they are wide some of them, I have three wedged across the back of my car... one that has an adult lap and shoulder belt permanently done up, my daughter sits in that and she climbs in under the belt then I tighten it up... that is one of the seats that has the adult belt hold both child and seat in.... The other two seats are toddler type ones up to three years old, held in with the adult belt and with a five point harness to secure the child.... they are a tight fit but once the seatbelts are pulled tight, they are correctly fitted and secure.

you could ask for advice at the shop too!

jenni

prettysunflower
08-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks Jenni, I did ask the shop assistants advice but she was only interested in selling me the new kiddy comfort pro which is very nice but is £199.99 :eek: and was also too wide to fit 3 in together.

Amanda x

FizzysFriends
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I would go to a shop that will try out different combinations for you, so you can make sure the seat doesn't overhang the buckle.

nikim
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
i had an old type zafira with a lap belt in the middle and used the britax freeway which has a narrow base it is also suitable to use with a lap belt, i think its now called a britax prince i managed to get this in the middle a britax first class one side and a britax trio the other hope that helps and the freeway had a smaller base then the other two so im sure you could get 3 in , i think they are also very reosonably priced too hth:)

prettysunflower
08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks fizzyfriends I might try to pop into halfords, hopefully they will have a bigger range.

Thanks nikim, i like the look of the trio, can it be fitted with a lap belt?

Amanda x

mushpea
09-11-2009, 07:02 AM
i have the older style zafira and on one side i have a 1/2/3 stage car seat which is the cheap one from argos i have a 0-4yrs car seat again athe cheapest one from argos on the other side and in the middle i have britax renasonce which goes on a lap belt , all three fit in fine but it is a bit of a fiddle to plug the car seat belts in but once their done they all fit in fine.