PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter for parents!

jumpinjen
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi,

I wrote a newsletter for my parents today and I found a website that gives you free calendars to download.... so I printed out one for 2009 and 2010 for each parent and circled their paydates on it (mine have opted to pay every four weeks).... helps them plan and helps to ensure I get my cash on time (hehe)

The link is: http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/yearly-calendar.html

Does anyone else do a newsletter... what do you include as I'm new at this!!

jenni :laughing:

miffy
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I do one every month. I include brief details of arts/crafts/special days we'll be covering during the month; trips we might be going on; holidays/training; reminders like don't forget coats etc; vacancy details - all sorts of things really.

I try to keep it to one A4 sheet (one side) so it's not too long. Hopefully most of them read it before it hits the bin :laughing:

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
08-11-2009, 07:07 PM
vacancy details is a great idea.... thanks!!

I put in about my sickness policy update, cratfs we have done and will be doing, some info about the playgroups we go to, new activities and resources out recently, and I attached the seasonal menu that I am cooking from at the moment, plus added dates for the diary... Christmas party and when I will be off over christmas.

What do you mean by special days... sorry to ask such a thick question!

Jenni x

singingcactus
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't do a paper newsletter, I used to many moons ago though. I just keep my blog up to date with all news and information on it. It is nice cos the parents can add to it so it really is a two way communication. Parents can even leave each other messages if they choose :D . Even my parents who are deployed can keep totally up to date with their kids whenever they get access to the internet.

I include my weekly menu, my weekly activity plan, any news or info I have (this week I have rearranged my yard so have told all the parents through my blog and asked for input on there too). I add pics, and recipes that the kids enjoyed, art ideas, chat about what we have done and what we will do. If the toddler groups or nursery have something going on I add info about that too.
I add jokes, and random ramblings too, as well as happy birthdays to parents.

It has links to lots of other blogs and sites related to children, favourite recipes, activities, cute baby animal pics, calendar ..... whatever I feel like adding :laughing:

jumpinjen
08-11-2009, 11:56 PM
That sounds lovely--- have you made it private so that only you and the parents see it?

How special that deployed parents caan have that kind of input on their child's day!!

I put into mine how I have re arranged the resources this week too......

Have throught about a blog for me and the children but not for childminding... have promsied myself I will do one when I have finished my course!!

jenni:)

singingcactus
09-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes it is private.

miffy
09-11-2009, 07:36 AM
What do you mean by special days... sorry to ask such a thick question!

Jenni x

Festivals, one day celebrations (like Bonfire Night) - that sort of thing.

Miffy xx