PDA

View Full Version : Met lots of forum members yesterday!

manjay
08-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Unfortunately as I wasn't staying overnight at the hotel I didn't get much chance to speak to everyone. I managed to have quick chats with MissT104, Christine E, Sally and Mick McGowen, Singlewith3 who were all lovely. I did also spot (but didn't get chance to speak to) David and his wife Anne, Madminder & Rickysmiths.

I had a lovely day and will look forward to attending next years in Bristol!

christine e
08-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately as I wasn't staying overnight at the hotel I didn't get much chance to speak to everyone. I managed to have quick chats with MissT104, Christine E, Sally and Mick McGowen, Singlewith3 who were all lovely. I did also spot (but didn't get chance to speak to) David and his wife Anne, Madminder & Rickysmiths.

It was lovely meeting you yesterday - thanks for making yourself known to me

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Go Bristol it is only an hour down the road from me - yippee I may be able to afford it!

manjay
08-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Go Bristol it is only an hour down the road from me - yippee I may be able to afford it!

I am the opposite as it will mean an overnight stay which makes it much more fun;)

Chatterbox Childcare
08-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I am the opposite as it will mean an overnight stay which makes it much more fun;)

I still might stay overnight too (2 nights) - just won't loose out on income if I don't have to have Friday off.

The Juggler
08-11-2009, 10:46 AM

ooh, Bristol, much easier for me - might make that one - can stay with my parents in Cardiff save myself loads of money on hotel bills!:) :)

nannysue
08-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeahhhhhh Bristol:clapping: i can be there in 20 mins ( or an hour if i catch the bus :laughing: )

The Juggler
08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I still might stay overnight too (2 nights) - just won't loose out on income if I don't have to have Friday off.

actually, might stay one night - have a little late drink with a few forum members:) . Will see how the finances are nearer the time.

manjay
08-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Just remembered Nix was there too:D

ajs
08-11-2009, 12:09 PM
i'll have to see what the actual date is next year as this weekend was my dd birthday which is why i never booked leeds ( which is an hour up the road for me) bristol is over 6 hours on the train for me

misst104
08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
It was nice to meet you too Amanda!!!! You see, the forum has made you famous!!! xxx:)

jo xxx

singlewiththree
08-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Was lovely to meet you and also Sally and Mick, if it wasn't for Amanda I wouldn't have spotted them and it was only chatting to a lovely lady in the bookstart workshop that I mentioned the forum that she pointed Amanda in my direction. I'm absolutely hopeless with names and faces, I kept looking at the firsters and seconders wondering who madminder was?

Playmate
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Had a fab time, great to meet some of you, even if it was breif. Had a great chat with madminder over breakfast this morning!
Our regional NPF members bullied Hubby into thinking about joining our regional committee, which I thought was quite funny to watch :laughing:
We have been quite down over the last few weeks and it has put us on a high and buzzing with ideas. Really looking forward to next year in Bristol :clapping:

PixiePetal
08-11-2009, 09:55 PM
i'll have to see what the actual date is next year as this weekend was my dd birthday which is why i never booked leeds ( which is an hour up the road for me) bristol is over 6 hours on the train for me

As far as I remember it is usually around the same date - as it is DS birthday too :rolleyes:

ORKSIE
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Glad you seen Rickysmiths she not been on in ages.:clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-11-2009, 10:38 PM

Only took 4 hours from Manchester to Swindon, so Bristol won't be as long by car.

Polly2
09-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Sounds like you all had a great time :clapping: I am hoping to make the next one - Bristol not far from me :thumbsup:

angeldelight
09-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Glad you seen Rickysmiths she not been on in ages.:clapping:

Oh yes nice to know she is ok she has not been in the forum for ages we some of us have tried to contact her with no reply

Maybe if anyone sees her again they can tell her ?

Angel xx

buildingblocks
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM

Can't guarantee we will be going yet but if we go Mandy we can pick you up and you can travel with us but Ikea in Bristol will be out - persuading Gary to go to Bristol may be the hard part and we may end up going by train lol Mind you in the car Nottingham Ikea will be on the way home.

Madminder
10-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I had a great time too, got to meet Sally and Mick ( even had breakfast on Sunday together!) and Rickysmiths, though it turned out I had met Ricky in June at the volunteer conference but I was not a memeber here then! Sorry I missed the rest of you, I was not a proposer or seconder this year, my job was selling raffle tickets and taking tickets for the morning Change 4 Life workshop.

Next year will be on 12th November at the Bristol Marriott hotel so hope to see more of you there. We are thrilled as we will be able to have a week in Cornwall and then travel up to Bristol on the way home, that way at least the taxman pays some of the petrol costs to Cornwall! LOL

Maybe we can have some badges made up in time for next year, I think one of the other forums did that one year, or even arrange to meet up at a certain time and place for a drink? We have a year to organise it and I will ask if maybe Susanna could mention it on the day so everyone knows where to go.

Nix
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeeaayyy I was there too...was nice to see a familiar face.:D