PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying a phil & teds?

AliceK
08-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi

I currently have a Graco Duo Sport which is really easy to push and I quite like it however firstly it doesn't quite fit thro my front door which is a bit inconvenient but I could poss live with it but it is also very heavy to get up kerbs and I have to give it a push with my leg which I have discovered over the past few days has set my SPD off again. I also have a Graco side by side umbrella fold which I hate, it doesn't go in a straight line. I did have a Jane Twin Two which was lovely to push but far too big and bulky. SO, after reading loads of reviews and having previously said I would never have one have more or less decided the P&T's will fit my requirements. BUT as it is sooo expensive I don't want to find out I have made a mistake. I can't afford the Vibe so am thinking either the classic or the Sport. Is it worth spending all this money. I'm thinking I can also use it as a single if I need to as well is this right? If so I can sell my single Baby Jogger which I love to get some of the money back which I am going to have to spend on the P&T. What do you all think. Shall I go for it????

xxxxx

sweets
08-11-2009, 09:42 AM
personally phil and teds are my pet hate! (sorry everyone on here who love them:blush: ) i dont like the fact that one child is virtually sat on the floor closer to fumes and dirt etc. they also can't see anything! i have also heard of awful stories where the child at the back have stuck their fingers into the wheel spokes while moving:eek: (altho i think you can get guards now)

I have just bought a jane powertwin, its absolutely brilliant:clapping:

its a tandem with the children sat on equal levels, its made of alumium so its light and very easy to get up kerbs even with a toddler in the front. the wheels pop off very easy so it makes it even lighter to lift into the boot etc.

They are quite expensive but i managed to get mine off ebay for a third of the price. it is going to be my forever pram.

AliceK
08-11-2009, 09:51 AM
personally phil and teds are my pet hate! (sorry everyone on here who love them:blush: ) i dont like the fact that one child is virtually sat on the floor closer to fumes and dirt etc. they also can't see anything! i have also heard of awful stories where the child at the back have stuck their fingers into the wheel spokes while moving:eek: (altho i think you can get guards now)

its a tandem with the children sat on equal levels, its made of alumium so its light and very easy to get up kerbs even with a toddler in the front. the wheels pop off very easy so it makes it even lighter to lift into the boot etc.

They are quite expensive but i managed to get mine off ebay for a third of the price. it is going to be my forever pram.

Hi
I know what you mean about the P&T this is why I have always said I wouldn't have one but everyone says the children argue as to which one gets to ride in the back as they apparently love it.
I do like the Powertwin one of the CM's around here uses one and she loves it and says it is so easy to push but they are just too much money for me at the moment (I don't use ebay and haven't got a paypal account, a bit sad I know :blush: )

xxxxx

patevans
08-11-2009, 10:31 AM

I like the look of those, could do with a new double :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
08-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Hand on heart never heard any stories about kids fingers in the back seat of a P&T, have heard oodles though about kids feet getting injured in front seat of a Powertwin though!

When you are in a car in the back/in a train/in a plane/on the bus, you look sideways out the window and get enough of a view don't you?

P&T are the perfect buggy apart from lack of storage :)

Get yourself a secondhand one if you are unsure, you'll always get a sale for one no matter how old they are as they wear very very very well.

PixiePetal
08-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I have a Jane twin two which I got because it fitted through my front door and it is comfy for both mindees who can be at the same level. Meant that I could do the walk into town for groups :thumbsup: about a mile or so.

Then we moved house. :rolleyes: Now size for getting into house does not matter but I can't get it on the bus - about 5 miles to town so too far to walk. Am considering a Phil and Teds for days out by bus when I get more mindees.

I am not really a fan but being practical it would suit.

There is a similar O'Baby one too.

AliceK
08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I have a Jane twin two which I got because it fitted through my front door and it is comfy for both mindees who can be at the same level. Meant that I could do the walk into town for groups :thumbsup: about a mile or so.

Then we moved house. :rolleyes: Now size for getting into house does not matter but I can't get it on the bus - about 5 miles to town so too far to walk. Am considering a Phil and Teds for days out by bus when I get more mindees.

I am not really a fan but being practical it would suit.

There is a similar O'Baby one too.

Hi
I've looked at the O Baby one and it sounded great but i've read some pretty poor reviews on it so for now I've given that one the boot.

xxxx

Hebs
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
:clapping: i love my P&T's and yes the kids do argue over who sits in the bottom seat :D

sweets
08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
in defense of the jane powertwin:laughing:

i can get mine on the bus fine, and there is no danger of a child putting their feet in the front wheel, unless of course they have extra extra long legs! ;)

PixiePetal
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
in defense of the jane powertwin:laughing:

i can get mine on the bus fine, and there is no danger of a child putting their feet in the front wheel, unless of course they have extra extra long legs! ;)

Our bus goes through the villages and is full of old people with shopping trollies :laughing: I am allowed to laugh, when I am not working I use a trolley too :laughing: Not a tartan 4 wheeler :panic: Big black and white spots with a red lid - v useful :thumbsup:

Might give the Jane Twin Two a go :)

LOOPYLISA
08-11-2009, 11:16 PM

I think p&t are the ugliest looking buggy ever :D :blush: :p

Sorry my ohonest opinion :thumbsup:

KatyDix
09-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Hi
I've had my P&T for almost 2 years and I think it is the best pushchair ever!
I love that you can also use it as a single, it is so easy to push, it can fit through doors easily and it goes up and down currbs and stairs easily.
Mine do argue over who goes in the back seat and it has got mud guards on the wheels to protect little fingers. .
I got it second hand (£200) and I've used it so much in the last 2 years and it is still going strong.
Hope this helps!

AliceK
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi
I've had my P&T for almost 2 years and I think it is the best pushchair ever!
I love that you can also use it as a single, it is so easy to push, it can fit through doors easily and it goes up and down currbs and stairs easily.
Mine do argue over who goes in the back seat and it has got mud guards on the wheels to protect little fingers. .
I got it second hand (£200) and I've used it so much in the last 2 years and it is still going strong.
Hope this helps!

Thanks, can I ask which model you have?

I agree with some of the other comments and I always said I would never have one BUT on a practical level I think it is the only option and will fit my needs so maybe I will be a convert :)

xxxxx

Hebs
09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
i hated the look of them, but i have to say they are the BEST double i've ever used :thumbsup:

amirose
09-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I have a phil and teds. I hated the look of them thought they were silly but this was all before I became a childminder!!! At the end of the day, like you say, its whats practical.
I struggled with an absolutely awful cosatto duet "lite" tandem. I felt I couldn't go out because it was so hard to push and I would have to think out how many hills etc - even getting to the local park was a nightmare and I was almost in tears trying to push it!!! (and I am not the sort of girl that cries easy!)
My two year old mindee weighs a ton bless her :blush: She is the size of a 3 year old! but unfortunately she is not 3 and therefore cannot walk like a 3 year old can!
I eventually decided I would have paid at least £500 if I could just have a buggy I could actualy push so the phil and teds sport with raincover etc was £360 so technically a bargain!!!
and OH MY GOD!!! WHY oh WHY did I not just get one in the first place???!!! Its the absolute best thing ever I absolutely love it and have grown to love the look of it too. My mindee who goes in the back likes to hold the bars of the front seat (not a problem) but doesn't touch the wheels and he LOVES wheels - his not an idiot they move and its gonna hurt lol!!! and he can see just fine at the sides he watches the world go by and is perfectly happy. Also a bonus is he has short legs so I still get loads of shopping in the back and he rifles through the bags lol but that's fine can live with that. You can tuck things under the second seat as well so extra space there too - that's where I put my handbag :thumbsup:
Easy as pie to push up the kerbs too because the weight of the second child tips it for you :clapping: It an absolute dream to push and I can get it on buses too what more does anyone need?
Love it best pushchair ever :clapping:
I bought mine from practical pushchairs and the speed of service was incredible, highly recommend :thumbsup:

AliceK
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I have a phil and teds. I hated the look of them thought they were silly but this was all before I became a childminder!!! At the end of the day, like you say, its whats practical.
I struggled with an absolutely awful cosatto duet "lite" tandem. I felt I couldn't go out because it was so hard to push and I would have to think out how many hills etc - even getting to the local park was a nightmare and I was almost in tears trying to push it!!! (and I am not the sort of girl that cries easy!)
My two year old mindee weighs a ton bless her :blush: She is the size of a 3 year old! but unfortunately she is not 3 and therefore cannot walk like a 3 year old can!
I eventually decided I would have paid at least £500 if I could just have a buggy I could actualy push so the phil and teds sport with raincover etc was £360 so technically a bargain!!!
and OH MY GOD!!! WHY oh WHY did I not just get one in the first place???!!! Its the absolute best thing ever I absolutely love it and have grown to love the look of it too. My mindee who goes in the back likes to hold the bars of the front seat (not a problem) but doesn't touch the wheels and he LOVES wheels - his not an idiot they move and its gonna hurt lol!!! and he can see just fine at the sides he watches the world go by and is perfectly happy. Also a bonus is he has short legs so I still get loads of shopping in the back and he rifles through the bags lol but that's fine can live with that. You can tuck things under the second seat as well so extra space there too - that's where I put my handbag :thumbsup:
Easy as pie to push up the kerbs too because the weight of the second child tips it for you :clapping: It an absolute dream to push and I can get it on buses too what more does anyone need?
Love it best pushchair ever :clapping:
I bought mine from practical pushchairs and the speed of service was incredible, highly recommend :thumbsup:

Thank you, thats made my mind up. I went to Mothercare today to have a play with one, really like it and OH says it will fit in the boot of my v small and v temporary car too so double bonus. Will be ordering one online within the next few days I hope :D

xxxxx

louised
09-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I too absolutely hate them and will never own one! I can't believe they ever passed safety regulations, I would never put a child in my care in one, at the same level as dirt, fumes, dogs and spray from the roads.

LOOPYLISA
09-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I too absolutely hate them and will never own one! I can't believe they ever passed safety regulations, I would never put a child in my care in one, at the same level as dirt, fumes, dogs and spray from the roads.

:thumbsup:

sweets
09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
:thumbsup:

exactly what i think:thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
09-11-2009, 06:15 PM

That applies to all children in pushchairs unless in a high up Xplory though.

If you don't like them fair enough, but don't imply they aren't safe as that in turn implies that any of us who use them are not bearing children's safety in mind :(
It's only a pushchair fgs.

solly
09-11-2009, 06:23 PM

If you don't like them fair enough, but don't imply they aren't safe as that in turn implies that any of us who use them are not bearing children's safety in mind :(

I think they are very practical and love mine, over the years i have tried so many different makes and as i dont drive i need to be able to get on public transport so it works for me and the kids love it:) they are alot more comfortable than other buggies/pushchairs on the market:)

LOOPYLISA
09-11-2009, 06:24 PM

I know its only a pushchair and i don't like them :rolleyes:

Curly Quavers
09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
If I had the money I would 100% have one LOVE them!!!!!!

If I were you I would sell everything and get one. I have a friend who has one and she had been using it as a single for the past 6 / 9 months. But she still has a double buggy when baby number 3 comes along.

They are FAB FAB FAB

balloon
09-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I love mine. I have the Sport V2.

I bought the Vibe when that came out but it's an awful pushchair, the Sport is tons better.

The second seat is low and tbh one of my mindees does play with the wheels - he can reach past the mudguards! I don't out him in the rear seat unless absolutely necessary. I worry I'll run through something icky and he'll get it on his hands...

Having said that, I wouldn't swap my Sport for anything, its by far the easiest double I've ever had (and I've had a fair few!)

louised
09-11-2009, 10:13 PM
That applies to all children in pushchairs unless in a high up Xplory though

A normal height pushchair is no where near as low as the bottom seat on the p&t.
If I were looking for a childminder I would specifically ask what pushchair they used as I would not want my child in that kind of pushchair

janminder
10-11-2009, 06:24 AM
I didnt like the idea of the low back seat, but of all the doubles side by side, tandem I have had to push over the years the P and T is by far the best one for me and lifts up kerbs easily, goes on and off buses really well.

I dont have a car but I like the way it comes apart to go in a boot.

Pudding Girl
10-11-2009, 08:11 AM
A normal height pushchair is no where near as low as the bottom seat on the p&t.
If I were looking for a childminder I would specifically ask what pushchair they used as I would not want my child in that kind of pushchair

Really?

How ridiculous.

How about if they use a Maclaren :rolleyes:

amirose
10-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Really?

How ridiculous.

:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Hebs
10-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Really?

How ridiculous.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if a parent didn't send their Lo to me cos i have a P&T's then i'd be glad i had a lucky escape, sorry but come one its only a buggy :rolleyes:

i'd rather a seat lower down than risk amputation too :thumbsup: :D

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Really?

How ridiculous.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

louised
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Really?

How ridiculous.

How about if they use a Maclaren

The McClaren situation is a totally different one, parents and childminders who are using a McClaren did not knowingly put the children at risk unlike people who use a p&t

if a parent didn't send their Lo to me cos i have a P&T's then i'd be glad i had a lucky escape, sorry but come one its only a buggy

Yes it's only a buggy but in my experience childminded children spend a lot of time in buggies and I would not personally be comfortable with my precious 3 month old baby hanging underneath another child that close to the floor.

Lo0py
10-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Yes it's only a buggy but in my experience childminded children spend a lot of time in buggies and I would not personally be comfortable with my precious 3 month old baby hanging underneath another child that close to the floor.

Doesn't the three month old child go in the main bit, with the older child on top mounted on the front?

amirose
10-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Doesn't the three month old child go in the main bit, with the older child on top mounted on the front?

Yes :thumbsup:

Hebs
10-11-2009, 05:53 PM
yes :thumbsup:

and my mindees don't spend alot of time in the buggy either :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
10-11-2009, 08:30 PM
The McClaren situation is a totally different one, parents and childminders who are using a McClaren did not knowingly put the children at risk unlike people who use a p&t

I'm guilty of putting my minded children at risk then am i??!!! And so is Hebs and countless other childminders across the world???

I've seen some daft things said on this forum in my 2 yrs here but that really takes the biscuit.

Don't know how my co-accused feel but you've made me very :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: now

My comment is in red.

Hebs
10-11-2009, 08:42 PM
personally i think it's laughable :laughing:

if it were dangerous they'd have been banned :thumbsup:

my mindees love it, i love it so were happy :D and thats all that matter :D

solly
10-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Pudding girl it does make me angry, as i have one and don't feel i am putting any child at risk and if these pushchairs were not safe then they would not be sold and cetainly wouldn't pass the stringent tests that they put buggies through.

I see it that everyone is entitled to an opinion and there will always be people who like one thing and not another, the world would be boring if we all agreed on the same thing.

I have a P&T which i have recently just aquired from a mindees mum as could not afford or justify buying a new one but i for one thinks it is the best pushchair i have brought and will not change it as it suits my needs.

amirose
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
personally i think it's laughable :laughing:

if it were dangerous they'd have been banned :thumbsup:

my mindees love it, i love it so were happy :D and thats all that matter :D

I feel the same as you hebs, pudding girl just ignore it you know as well I do what your doing is fine and its a small minorty opinion hun :group hug:

Just wanted to add I am specifically talking about comments with regards to safety and irresponsibility not in anyway am I talking about people who simply don't like the look of it!!!

FizzysFriends
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I want a P&T's, just can't afford one at the moment. They aren't the prettiest but practical wins everytime and my DD is gutted she is too old to ever go in the back seat in one.

Pudding Girl
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I don't even have mine anymore which makes me getting wound up all the more laughable really! :laughing:

yes Ami shall just ignore any stupid comments :)

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I just said i don't like the look of them, think they are ugly :thumbsup:

Good job i havnt got to decide on a pushchair im no longer cm and my dd is nearly 12 :clapping:

I had a good old maclaren :rolleyes: :laughing:

amirose
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I just said i don't like the look of them, think they are ugly :thumbsup:

Good job i havnt got to decide on a pushchair im no longer cm and my dd is nearly 12 :clapping:

lol :joker:

Hebs
10-11-2009, 09:02 PM

LOOPYLISA
10-11-2009, 09:03 PM

Good in my day :thumbsup: :p

Hebs
10-11-2009, 09:04 PM
mine too

i had Maclarens for my 2 :thumbsup: luckily they both have all their fingers :laughing:

pinklady
10-11-2009, 10:56 PM
What AM I going to do tomorrow?? I don't have a P&T as much as I'd love one :crying: I'd clearly be the worst childminder if I did anyway :laughing:

But I do have an ever so dangerous Maclaren :eek: I'm just off to turn an old bed sheet into a double baby sling so I carry the children on my back tomorrow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FizzysFriends
11-11-2009, 07:17 AM
What AM I going to do tomorrow?? I don't have a P&T as much as I'd love one :crying: I'd clearly be the worst childminder if I did anyway :laughing:

But I do have an ever so dangerous Maclaren :eek: I'm just off to turn an old bed sheet into a double baby sling so I carry the children on my back tomorrow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have a maclaren too and want a phil and teds, I might just hand my registration in now I'm such a bad cm! But maybe I will be ok because I don't let the children put their fingers in the hinge whilst I'm folding it.

singingcactus
11-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Not a phil and teds (I don't like either) or a maclaren but I love the idea of this one. I can't find a price anywhere but I am guessing pretty pricey, but it can be a single pram or a double pram and can take carry cots, baby car seats if you use them, pushchair seat and can all be forward or rearward facing. Seems perfect to me, and has a shopping basket.

http://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=apple_pear_upgrade

Pudding Girl
11-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Seats on Icandys are very small and don't last much past 18mo. I love the look of the new Peach Blossom, the pram version, it's £850 in my local pram shop window though and not even sure if that includes seats too :eek: :eek:

Good luck with your double sling pinklady, I was going to put mine on skateboards and tie them on with bootlaces and attach them to extending dog leads and just pull them behind me... :rolleyes:

balloon
11-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Hmm, I have a P&T and 3 Maclarens.

I'm clearly a terrible minder :blush:

I have the day off today so I shall endeavour to go out and find a pushchair which is safe for my charges to ride in...

Seriously, (to the OP) the P&T is a great buggy. Yes my mindee plays with the wheels but he's a little monkey who is always doing things he is not supposed to do and I think that's more a behaviour issue than a fault with the buggy. I could hardly blame the table he climbs up onto and falls off for being dangerous nor can I fault the buggy because he doesn't do as he's told and leave the wheels alone...

The only 'problem' with it is a lack of storage space when used as a double but even this can be overcome with the use of pannier bags.

It is quite possibly the only one of the hundreds of buggies I have used over the years that I would wholeheartedly recommend. They have great sell-on value and are well made and sturdy as well as a dream to push.

[edited to add - the table my charge climbs onto is a child size play table, he is of course not allowed to do this and his behaviour is challenged daily. I wouldn't want any readers to think I allowed my charges to climb on tables and fall off them...)

AliceK
11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Hmm, I have a P&T and 3 Maclarens.

I'm clearly a terrible minder :blush:

I have the day off today so I shall endeavour to go out and find a pushchair which is safe for my charges to ride in...

Seriously, (to the OP) the P&T is a great buggy. Yes my mindee plays with the wheels but he's a little monkey who is always doing things he is not supposed to do and I think that's more a behaviour issue than a fault with the buggy. I could hardly blame the table he climbs up onto and falls off for being dangerous nor can I fault the buggy because he doesn't do as he's told and leave the wheels alone...

The only 'problem' with it is a lack of storage space when used as a double but even this can be overcome with the use of pannier bags.

It is quite possibly the only one of the hundreds of buggies I have used over the years that I would wholeheartedly recommend. They have great sell-on value and are well made and sturdy as well as a dream to push.

[edited to add - the table my charge climbs onto is a child size play table, he is of course not allowed to do this and his behaviour is challenged daily. I wouldn't want any readers to think I allowed my charges to climb on tables and fall off them...)

Thank you. Your mindee sounds like my DD she is forever trying to pull the hoods off the pushchairs as she is sitting in them and I can imagine IF I ever put her in the back seat of the P&T's which I AM going to buy then she would probably play with the wheels or the brake if she can reach it :eek: . And she climbs on the table and not the small table either but the dining room table, yes she is going through the terrible two's and yes she has major behaviour issues at the moment but that is an entirely different thread :) . Anyway for all you BAD BAD CM's who put your mindees in a P&T's I will soon be joining you :laughing:

Thanks for all the opinions

xxxxxxx

Tily Bud
11-11-2009, 01:30 PM
lol this is great thread x

just wondered does anyone actually have one of the Obaby buggies that are like the p&t ?
ive been thinking of getting one - main decider being the price :eek: plus when looking at the demo they look really good, coming with all the extras that you have to buy separately with the p&t.

i have had a p&t in the past and really liked it apart from having to take the wheels off everytime i put it into the minute boot of my nissan terrano which has toi have all 7 seats up every dayx

anyway just wondered what you think as ive got 2 babies starting in the new year so will have to get a double x

pinklady
11-11-2009, 01:45 PM

just wondered does anyone actually have one of the Obaby buggies that are like the p&t ?
ive been thinking of getting one - main decider being the price :eek: plus when looking at the demo they look really good, coming with all the extras that you have to buy separately with the p&t.

i have had a p&t in the past and really liked it apart from having to take the wheels off everytime i put it into the minute boot of my nissan terrano which has toi have all 7 seats up every dayx

anyway just wondered what you think as ive got 2 babies starting in the new year so will have to get a double x

It doesn't get very good reviews on the kiddicare website. It's so hard to choose one at the right price isn't it.

AliceK
11-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Hi
I was almost going to get one of these instead of the P&T for the same reasons as you but after reading some of the reviews which aren't very good I have decided to spend that little bit more and get the P&T. I was speaking to a Foster Carer at the weekend who has a P&T and has had it for a long time using it for many diff children and she said it's still going strong and she loves it :)

xxxxx

Pudding Girl
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I saw an Obaby one in the pram store but apparently nobody has bought one yet from them, not sure if that says a lot? I did have a quick play and quite liked it, but it was significantly heavier than a P&T felt.

angeldelight
11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Thank goodness my children have grown up and parents provide their own buggies :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

sweets
11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
this is a great thread.lol

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: jane powertwin GO GO GO :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: phil and teds NO NO NO:cheerleader: :cheerleader:

balloon
11-11-2009, 05:34 PM
And for those who believe a P&T is dangerous and minders who use them are putting their mindees at risk...

Just cos I'm a pedantic cow (although that is clearly not the right word here but you get the gist) I have just oiked my basic maclaren out of the cupboard and measured the height of the base of the P&T back seat against the basic Mac. There is a 2 inch difference (that's about 5cms I think...).

Pulling on my scientist hat, rather than my parenting/minders one. There is very little a difference of 2 inches will make the the possible/probable inhalation of car exhaust fumes. Whilst all parents and carers should of course ensure their LOs stay well away from possible toxic substances unless we all go around using Explorys or carrying the babbas on our backs whether we use a maclaren, a P&T, a SC or an Obaby they are all very much the same level when it comes to dirt and exhaust fumes. All of them are regrettably at a very bad level and in the path of car/bus and lorry exhausts.

Just to make P&T and MAc owners feel better... the explory is about the same height as a cows butt (are we allowed to say butt?). Cows are one of the major contributors to global warming cos they parp methane!!! Imagine getting a face full of that! :p :eek: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pudding Girl
11-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Damn, so that's Xplorys out then seeing as I live in a semi rural place - looks like it' going to have to be pinklady's patented bed sheet technique then!!

:so happy: :so happy: :so happy: P&T!

:laughing:

yummymummy_2006
12-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I've just bought an O'Baby XI, I think its fab! Much cheaper than the Phil and Teds, I'm not sure if there's much difference apart from price.

Had my almost 3 1/2 year old daughter in it and my 3 year old mindee today (just to try it out) and it wasn't at all difficult to push, infact I found it easier with two children in than just the one (or it might be that I'm getting use to it).

yummymummy_2006
12-11-2009, 08:00 PM
I saw an Obaby one in the pram store but apparently nobody has bought one yet from them, not sure if that says a lot? I did have a quick play and quite liked it, but it was significantly heavier than a P&T felt.

There's 4kg difference between p&t and O'Baby, I did the research before I bought one :laughing:

Plumped for O'Baby because its more in my price range and there doesn't seem to be much difference apart from 4kg :laughing: p&t accessories also fit O'Baby.

PixiePetal
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
There's 4kg difference between p&t and O'Baby, I did the research before I bought one :laughing:

Plumped for O'Baby because its more in my price range and there doesn't seem to be much difference apart from 4kg :laughing: p&t accessories also fit O'Baby.

Thanks for that, I need something soon.

Can't really justify a P&T, especially as I have a twin Maclaren and Jane twin two (bought before we moved house and now I need it to go on the bus :rolleyes: ) Love the Jane, good for 2 toddlers sleeping and long walks :thumbsup: Would get rid of the Maclaren though :D

I don't mind the O'Baby Xi being heavier - just need to be able to get the blooming thing onto the village bus so I can get to toddler groups and CM group :thumbsup: