PDA

View Full Version : Question about child illness

Cazz
07-11-2009, 11:40 PM
A hyperthetical (sp!) question that I've thought of due to my own children having tummy bugs this week!

Do you still mind for siblings of a child that has something such as a tummy bug, bearing in mind there's a good chance that he/she could be infectious with it as well?

I realise this situation may not arise but am thinking that some parents may want you to still care for the healthy child while they look after the sick one, as they would be paying fees anyway?

Is there a right or wrong thing to do in this situation?

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2009, 11:42 PM
You couldn't exclude and charge if a sibling wasn't showing any symptons the same as if one of yours was ill, would you stop your other children going to school just because they had been in contact with your sick child?

Cazz
07-11-2009, 11:49 PM
You couldn't exclude and charge if a sibling wasn't showing any symptons the same as if one of yours was ill, would you stop your other children going to school just because they had been in contact with your sick child?

Good point - of course I wouldn't keep my other children off school!

It was just something that came into my head this evening, I was just thinking of the possible implications for my business if I then got a tummy bug, but I know that a child could be infectious with something that hasn't shown symptoms at any time so I suppose it's a risk you take!

Chatterbox Childcare
08-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Good point - of course I wouldn't keep my other children off school!

It was just something that came into my head this evening, I was just thinking of the possible implications for my business if I then got a tummy bug, but I know that a child could be infectious with something that hasn't shown symptoms at any time so I suppose it's a risk you take!

Either that or explain your concerns to the parent and don't charge - not a nice thought if they didn't have one!

huggableshelly
08-11-2009, 07:39 AM
its just one of those things we have to deal with, cant turn a seemingly healthy child away but as you know with your own children one suffers then most of the time the other one will be ill too.

isnt it funny how things that happen with our own children spark up questions about how we would handle the childminded children!

miffy
08-11-2009, 08:38 AM

I agree with Debbie. It is a just a risk you have to take :(

Miffy xx