PDA

View Full Version : Where else do you advertise?

Hanabana
07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Ok i have a website, linked from here, i'm on childcare.co.uk, netmums, i have been on gumtree but think i might be in the wrong area, i have put something on mumsnet local. I have given flyers to 2 local preschools (one is a church), the others won't accept advertising from just one minder i have put posters up all over the place, bus shelters notice boards etc, but these keep getting taken down. i have dished some business cards out with christmas party tickets at my local toddler group yesterday. i have got flyers in a couple of newagents and the doctors surgery won't take them.

where am i forgetting or where are you getting your best business from? i only registered and started advertising at the end of september but i am struggling even to get enquiries

AliceK
07-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi
I'm in the same position as you. I have 1 mindee which came from Childcare website and a couple of enquiries which have come from some flyers I put up in local newsagents windows. Sounds like you have got it all covered. I'm sure things will pick up soon. Will help once Direct.gov get their act sorted. I can't even find myself or any of the local CM's I know on there :angry:
Good Luck

xxxx

mum26
07-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi,

You certainly seem to have advertised widely-hopefully you should see some results soon! Do direct.gov have your details? In our area the site seems to be displaying more details than it was regarding childminders (although I still think it's confusing for parents to find us). I also have my info on yell.com, http://www.childmindersdirectory.co.uk, http://www.findachildminder.co.uk
http://www.mylocalservices.co.uk, -probably more but I can't remember.

Hope this helps.

LittleStar's
07-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I too have only just registered. but I have my one and only EYFS place filled , I have one little boy tuesday to friday who I found on netmums . and I have another little boy on a monday. I found him through doing a leaflet drop in my local area. ( quite lucky really ).
All I need to do now is fill my after school places for which i will put leaflet in the library, local soft play centre, more delivering of leaflets. Also I went to a childminder drop in yesterday and they asked for my details for vacancy's so you could try that , I don't think they would mind if you go along with no mindees just for a chat ...

Im sure you will find somthing soon, Good Luck :)

Jenna x

Bazza
07-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Ahem...;)

Have you got a website you want to promote? Search engines will like it better if it has more links to it.

Hanabana
07-11-2009, 09:11 PM
sorry bazza i forgot to mention i was already on your site;)

apparently i'm on direct.gov but can't find me on there so local EECU has sent another form to complete

miffy
07-11-2009, 09:22 PM
You could try your local library, shops, any big employers in your area, schools and just tell everyone you can that you're now registered - you could get something with your business name on it, like a fleece or bag so you advertise yourself wherever you are.

Good luck - hope you get some enquiries soon

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
08-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Try handing cards/flyers out at soft play areas, the local park, coffee shops, NCT sales, mother and toddler groups.