PDA

View Full Version : Any childminders in Swindon

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2009, 08:00 AM
I am in North Swindon and am having calls that I cannot place. Is there anyone else on here that needs work?

Bazza
07-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Not sure if this is any help. http://swindonchildmindinggroup.webs.com/

Goatgirl
07-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Debbie,
I'm in Parks area of Swindon... any help? :)

bws,
Wendy

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2009, 03:43 PM
No sorry you are on the opposite side of town. I am by the orbital centre/Asda

Nice to know that there is more than me on here though! :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks. Beverley has had this under construction for a while.

Kelly
08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Could be worth giving TRIO a call, I suppose the Co-ordinator for your area might know if anyone has space, shame to turn people away!

georgie456
08-11-2009, 10:11 PM
HI Debbie

I'm West Swindon and although I am luckily full at the mo, things are very quiet over this way.....It's encouraging to know there is work about though! x

Chatterbox Childcare
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
HI Debbie

I'm West Swindon and although I am luckily full at the mo, things are very quiet over this way.....It's encouraging to know there is work about though! x

Oh another Swindon person - hooray I thougt there were only two of us

Chatterbox Childcare
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Meeting on at Drove School being run by Early years and Trio. it is hopefully the first of many so if you can make it please come along and air any views that you have.

I am bringing up the Capital Grant (or lack of) in Swindon.

David Sheppard
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi Debbie,

A great response to your post from Swindonees.

I'm not from Swindon but I did attend the tri-service University just round the corner from you at Shrivenham some years ago. I have a very vivid, and really scary memory, of confronting the most hideous roundabout in the entire universe in Swindon somewhere! :eek: Did you have to do a specific risk assessment on driving though it with your mindees? :laughing:

On the other side of town though, my wife loves the outlet shopping centre there.

Regards

David

Chatterbox Childcare
11-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Debbie,

I'm not from Swindon but I did attend the tri-service University just round the corner from you at Shrivenham some years ago. I have a very vivid, and really scary memory, of confronting the most hideous roundabout in the entire universe in Swindon somewhere! :eek: Did you have to do a specific risk assessment on driving though it with your mindees? :laughing:

On the other side of town though, my wife loves the outlet shopping centre there.

Regards

David

Great place to live - hardly any traffic lights!

the only RA I would have to do would be "Beware of Visitors who don't use roundabout regularly" :jump for joy: :laughing: :laughing:

georgie456
11-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi Debbie,

Regards

David

Ahhh the Magic Roundabout!!! I remember my first time coming across that when I moved to Swindon!

David Sheppard
12-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Ahhh the Magic Roundabout!!! I remember my first time coming across that when I moved to Swindon!

Thanks, that's it. I just Googled this and was amazed at the number of hits. There is even a website dedicated to it!:panic: Google maps has a brilliant satellite picture of it for the uninitiated.

What kind of road traffic architect mind comes up with that sort of madness? You Swindonees have my utmost respect for being able to negotiate it safely - or do you just drive miles to avoid it altogether :laughing: I know I would!

Bazza
12-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi Debbie,

I have a very vivid, and really scary memory, of confronting the most hideous roundabout in the entire universe in Swindon somewhere! :eek:

YOu should try the one in Hemel Hempstead! I think its called the Plough Roundabout. Never in my life have i seen such a mostrosity of one large roundabout with six or seven smaller ones around it.

Cant believe im comparing roundabouts. I so need to get out more...!:laughing:

georgie456
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks, that's it. I just Googled this and was amazed at the number of hits. There is even a website dedicated to it!:panic: Google maps has a brilliant satellite picture of it for the uninitiated.

What kind of road traffic architect mind comes up with that sort of madness? You Swindonees have my utmost respect for being able to negotiate it safely - or do you just drive miles to avoid it altogether :laughing: I know I would!

I avoid it!!!! But I'm not a native so maybe that's why!!!!! After 5 years in Swindon it still brings me out in a cold sweat!!

Minstrel
13-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Theres also one near Heathrow like this :thumbsup: