PDA

View Full Version : 'Official' forms etc, or self-made?

Helen Dempster
06-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi all

How many of you DON'T buy the official forms...ie NCMA or equivalent weekly register for example, but have decided to make your own instead? I'm always forgetting to get parents to sign the register each week and was thinking if I had a paper version, not as heavy as the book I use currently, I could just hang it from the noticeboard with string and a pen, near the front door...so it's staring me in the face! I'll probably still forget LOL!

Anyway, I'm rambling now - hope you understand the question! :laughing:

Helen x

youarewhatyoueat
06-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I made my own register as it drove me nuts trying to find the right page. If you want a copy pm me your email address. I put the A4 sheet in a slim folder and each parent just writes the time of arrival and departure in themselves.It works really well.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2009, 07:45 AM
I have typed up my own and it is similar to NCMA but not quite the same. No signature either on there!

PM if you would like a copy

miffy
07-11-2009, 07:58 AM
I make my own too - it's much cheaper.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't use any official forms, so if there is anything you are after please ask.

sarah707
07-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I use my own stuff :D

Pudding Girl
07-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't use my own stuff for the important parts like contracts and attendance reg, I like them to look professional and I feel that parents take things more seriously if it's a NCMA/SCMA/MM one :)

suzyblue
07-11-2009, 08:36 AM
I use my own stuff too :thumbsup:

Tam's Tribe
07-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi

As I am a newly qualified childminder, I thought it prudent to to use NCMA paperwork.

Lovies
Tam
x

The Juggler
07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I use my own with exception of the contracts.

marian
07-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I use all my own including contracts:) - that way I can do them to cater for each families individual needs.

Marian x

louised
07-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I also use my own except for the contracts

helenlc
07-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I use all my own including contracts:) - that way I can do them to cater for each families individual needs.

Marian x

I do this too!

patevans
07-11-2009, 01:14 PM

Marian x

Me too :thumbsup:

LittleStar's
07-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Do you not have to have a signiature on attendance register then???
I use ncma and thought that you had to!

patevans
07-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Do you not have to have a signiature on attendance register then???
I use ncma and thought that you had to!

A childminder I know got marked down for not having her register signed, she had to get each parent to sign then came back 6 months later to check she had it done along with a couple of other things.

I have been told that we dont have to have it signed but its good practice too although in my friends case she HAD to get it done so :huh:

Chatterbox Childcare
07-11-2009, 03:48 PM
A childminder I know got marked down for not having her register signed, she had to get each parent to sign then came back 6 months later to check she had it done along with a couple of other things.

I have been told that we dont have to have it signed but its good practice too although in my friends case she HAD to get it done so :huh:

There is nowhere in the standards/EYFS that says that this is compulory. If inspectors say things then challenge them and ask them to show where this is a compulsory/legal requirement.

Helen Dempster
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I knew I could rely on you all - thank you very much, this has really helped. I'm going to scrap all the NCMA forms, other than the contract, and do my own - thanks guys! :thumbsup:

H x

Helen Dempster
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I have typed up my own and it is similar to NCMA but not quite the same. No signature either on there!

PM if you would like a copy

Thanks Debbie, it's ok I'll type my own using the NCMA stuff...plus, I don't even know how to PM - what am I like?! :blush:

patevans
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
There is nowhere in the standards/EYFS that says that this is compulory. If inspectors say things then challenge them and ask them to show where this is a compulsory/legal requirement.

She wouldnt challenge it so I left it to her.

I get mine signed just for my piece of mind or if ever a discrepancy (sp) comes up over hrs :thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
07-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I made my own register as it drove me nuts trying to find the right page. If you want a copy pm me your email address. I put the A4 sheet in a slim folder and each parent just writes the time of arrival and departure in themselves.It works really well.

Thanks hun, it's ok though, I'll make my own one using the NCMA format...and like I said to Debbie, I don't even know how to PM! :blush: :blush:

patevans
07-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks hun, it's ok though, I'll make my own one using the NCMA format...and like I said to Debbie, I don't even know how to PM! :blush: :blush:

see my reply below :laughing:

patevans
07-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Go to the persons user name i.e. fluffyemma22 mines green right click on it then you have a list come up and on it it says send a Private Message to fluffyemma22 - thats your PM then you can see what you have sent and recieved just above the link that says quick links :thumbsup: