PDA

View Full Version : polish speaking child

karenandsmile
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
anyone know where i can get translation of contracts and record forms and a list of basic polish words

Zoomie
06-11-2009, 01:21 PM
anyone know where i can get translation of contracts and record forms and a list of basic polish words

fortunately my mindees dad speaks enough english so I was able to avoid this.

could you perhaps ask the parents who they go to to get things translated, or pehaps ask a children's centre ... surely they come accross this quite a lot ?

Good luck.

LisaMcNally09
06-11-2009, 01:43 PM
If you search for translating companies on internet there is a small charge for them or if you want to do it yourself you can use babblefish.com

hth

Kelly
07-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I had this recently and language line (Oxfordshire) sorted out all the translations for me, maybe you hae something like that.

miffy
07-11-2009, 01:47 PM
There are some resources here that might help

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25984

Miffy xx

karenandsmile
09-11-2009, 07:53 AM
thanks for all your help

i rang NCMA to ask if the had copies of contracts in different laungages and guess what they dont (thought we where ment to be in a multi cultural world!!) not impressed i also rang Early years and the just told me to ring the people who refurred her to supply a translator so dont think any of that lot was much help maybe NCMA should have a translation on their web site for differnt cultures as childminder we have to adapt and are expected too not impressed