PDA

View Full Version : Push chair HELP needed

Daddy Day Care
06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
helppppppp

Firstly I know notihgh about pushchairs so i appologise if I use the wrong terminology

Was just wlaking home from tots groups when the back wheel of our 3 wheeler double buggy fell off.

The back to wheels come off to help get in doorways and get in boot of the car, and somehow whilst we were walking along the clip popped off. we retraced our steps but couldnt find it anywhere.

We brought it of someone at tots group around 9 months ago when we first found out sharon was pregnant, so I cant take it back to the shop.

All I know about the pram is is its Kidz Kargo on it, is there anhwyere I can buy another clip? or do i have to buy soe new wheels? or do I need to buy a new buggy :panic:

Were soooooo screwed without it cant get anywhere, i know a lot of you love your prams please help

Gareth
xx

grindal
06-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I bought a second hand pushchair and lost the clip that made it collapse - so googled the make, found the manufacturer, phoned them and got a replacement part sent out to me. I did not tell them it was second hand, just said it was quite old. Could try that if no better advise comes along.

ORKSIE
06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I was gonna say google the make and then E mail the manufacturers:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Singing...He's got 2 wheels on his buggy, and he's still rollin along:laughing: :laughing:

Hope you get it sorted:D

TheBTeam
06-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I am not sure that kidzkargo are still in business as I had a triple of theirs that i had problems with and without much trouble tracked them down, the replacement I also had trouble with last year and I could not track their details down then!

I have also just googled them again, (which is what i did the first time when the retailer was no help, they were useless also, it is only that they lost my buggy that they sent a replacement when i complained!) and I can not find them.

Good luck

Blaze
06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Is there someone local that you could borrow a double from whilst you either sort out money for a new one or while you're sorting the one you have out? I know must of us have several - so might be worth ringing around & seeing if any other minders can help you out in a bind! x

Daddy Day Care
06-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Well I found a number through google and tried ringing but all it does is rings and rings and rings, left a message and will keep trying but not holding out much hope after what bteam has said.

Wev'e only used it 4 times :panic: I know it was 2nd hand but the woman i brough it off only used it from car to go to and from the car when at places like tots group. It looked as if it had never been used.

Blaze the luck we have with buggy's if i borrowed one it would end up breaking, forever having problems with them, besides by the time I could afford one bobby would be walking lol

Looks like the wifes is gunna have to hit her catalouge, not that i particulary like any of them in there within the prcie rnag we have

Gareth
xx

The Juggler
06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
oh no, in that case google sale buggies - kiddicare always have one on offer and do free delivery and at least you can send it back then if something goes wrong.

you could always try somewhere like a good bike shop or something and see if they could suggest a clip for removable wheels - you never know?

loocyloo
06-11-2009, 02:30 PM
hmmmm ... wasn't it argos that did kidz Kargo buggies? it might be they are now trading under a different name?

it was only when i bought a fisher price carseat, and had to phone the manufacturer that i found it was really a britax !!!

good luck.

you could also post a wanted on freecycle/freagle - whatever your local one is called! or if you have a local cheapcycle ask there.

goodluck

xxx

loocyloo
06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
just had a thought and 'ebayed' kids kargo

found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kidz-Kargo-TANDEM-JOGGER-Buggy-BNIB-black-2008_W0QQitemZ310179680752QQcategoryZ66700QQcmdZVi ewItem

it says its brand new, so how about contacting this shop and asking if they have contact details/email for kidzkargo, OR if they know about spare parts?

x

PixiePetal
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I was going to say look up similar on ebay or search ebay for spare parts for that buggy.

I emailed a company who sold Jane buggys to find out about the disc brake and make sure I had fitted the front wheel right on a buggy I got from ebay. :rolleyes: I asked if I could buy an instruction booklet - they emailed it to me free :thumbsup:

sweets
06-11-2009, 05:46 PM
it may be worth trying a bike shop that fixes pushbikes! they may be able to make you some sort of clip that will work, or even a garage.

daisyboo1980
06-11-2009, 05:49 PM
can u take it to a cycle shop or mechanic and see if they can help if u can find a supplier for it or a spare part

Chatterbox Childcare
06-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I googled and this is the email address that I found: info@kidzkargo.co.uk

Hope it helps

Chell
06-11-2009, 07:35 PM
If you have to buy a buggy then try the car boot at Wickstead. Anytime I have been there I have seen lots of buggies. If you go near to the end of the sale people might be more likely to accept a silly price.

You could try Freecycle too.

pinklady
07-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Try asking on freecycle (if you have one in your area) someone may have one that's seen better days that they can give you for spares. Or someone might have a pushchair to give you whilst you sort yours out.

Daddy Day Care
07-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your ideas, thanks debbie for the e-mail address

When I first applied to be a childminder I heard of a childminder selling a double for £40 I thoguht this was really cheap so got it. I put it in storage its been in sotrage for over a year and to be honest id forgot all about it. So ive got that out and am using that at the moment, really dont like it tho hard to push and hard to get up curbs but it will do till I can get this one fixed.

Gareth
xx