PDA

View Full Version : Your playroom, BEST BUYS

Leelee
06-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Ive just converted my conservatory into a playroom. I'm in the process of registering and am just gathering resources i.e toys toys toys and childrens stuff, lol! I can't decide on what storage to buy for the playroom as it's not that big plus are the small childrens table and chairs worth buying or do they not bother sitting at them. What has been the best things you've bought for your playroom, i need ideas on rugs, storage, toys, beanbags?, anything really! lol HELP!:jump for joy:

Tatjana
06-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I've found my own children and mindee use the small table and chairs ALL the time, great investment!

xx

sarah707
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Small table and chairs are invaluable... I got mine when the local school were having a clear out.

floor to ceiling flexible shelving from Ikea was expensive but is still going strong after 12 years and a lot of children...

A series of small toy boxes with labels so children can choose what they want without pulling everything out...

Then the usual toys - dressing up clothes, lego, jigsaws, car and train boxes etc.

Have fun shopping! :D

Polly2
06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Trofast shelving from ikea :thumbsup: I am also thinking of getting a small table and chairs. Which ones do you recommend guys?

miss mopple
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
My must haves:

Trofast storage
Small table and chairs
beanbags
mirror ( I have this one :D http://www.sbs-educational.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=55&productId=58403&langId=-1&search=true )

dressing up rail

suzyblue
06-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Ive had childrens tables and chairs over the years but sometimes had to remove the chairs due to little climbers! They are great tho for doing puzzles, drawing ect. I have always found the proper school/nursery tables better than the plastic ones as they are heavier and the kids cant keep pulling the table towards them and away from everyone else, that drives me mad! So Ikea plastic one is in the garden and heavier table and chairs now in playroom. Open storage is great for letting kids choose their own toys but offers no control and with two year olds pulling everything out its not much fun!
I now have built in storage with doors. The children can only open and reach the bottom cupboards. I also like it all to be shut away at the end of the day making the place look tidy and not reminding me of work. (I dont have young children of my own) I have a laminate floor with a cheapish replaceable rug. You could use the childrens road mats instead? I have loads on plastic boxes with the toys in and I get these out(1 or 2 at a time) depending on whos in. eg. Cars, duplo, little people, train track, baby toys, etc. Its always a good idea to have a lot of one type of toy (cars, trains etc) as this helps children play together and hopefully stops arguments! I have 2 cosy coupe cars, 3 buggies etc Good Luck!!!

mummyroysof3
06-11-2009, 03:21 PM
i recommend instead of a table and chairs, argos do a plastic park bench i have had 4 children sat at this and it comes aprt easy to store in shed when not being used and can be used inside or out:thumbsup:

im getting a toy unit from argos that has 4 toy boxes and space at the top for books then some sets of plastic drawers on wheels to keep in the pantry and just take them in toy room as needed.

im after a rug but am thinking of getting a normal rug rather than a childs one as our dining room table will be in there too

charlotte x

AnnieM
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Trofast storage from ikea, I also have the large garage type wooden shelving from ikea, rugs from ikea (car mat one is great), small wooden table and chairs from ikea, as for toys, the skys the limit really, it totally depends on your budget, but as a start I would definitely go for the duplo, a selection of cars, doll and pushchair, jigsaws, books, dressing up clothes, craft stuff etc. Have fun. :)

ajs
06-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Trofast shelving from ikea :thumbsup: I am also thinking of getting a small table and chairs. Which ones do you recommend guys?

definitely my best buy
i was lucky too i found mine in the reduced to clear section as it was ex display and only paid £!0 for each unit

donnagwynne
06-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I also have the Trofast storage from Ikea, although it is quite difficult to get pictures and labels to stick onto the plastic draws.

I have this mat from Ikea on the laminate floor

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20101871

it is a great size, does not slip around, has different types of environment on it i.e. snow, desert etc, and YOU CAN WASH IT!! It fits in the washing machine so it is perfect when taking activities outside in the garden. It takes next to no time to dry too.

I have lots of little tables, also from Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40104270

with a few wooden chairs. The tables are great, bright colours, cheap and easy to move around the house.

I also have a small sofa next to the book cases, with lots of cushions, for nice snuggly reading.

good luck planning your room, you must be really excited.

Oh, and fairy lights too, really good on dark nights.

Donna

mummyroysof3
06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
i wanted to make a reading corner on the rug but havent got room to leave out all the time or much room to store cushions etc any ideas?

charlotte x