PDA

View Full Version : How do you find Netmums adverts?

yummymummy
03-03-2008, 09:54 AM
To be honest I've never advertised on Netmums as on our local site it is the same childminders and nannies advertising again and again and it puts me off a bit!
But I have in the past answered a parents advert if the criteria fits me exactly. But without fail each time they have been utter timewasters!! it seems that they only advertise or look there when they have exhausted every other avenue i.e recommendations or CIS and they are trying it on with rates etc etc.
I know in past threads a couple of people have had success and rate it but what is the general opinion?
As I have said before this area is flooded with childcare options so we may be different to your area but I'd be interested to know your opinion.
I do though, find netmums really useful for other things.:)

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I put an ad on there about 18mths ago and found that they were time wasters who contacted me

I even thought at one point that it was other childminders testing the waters and trying to get information from me

Whenever I look at our local one there are always the same ones advertised with not many new ones

I do like netmums but I never got anywhere with advertising for my childminding the rest of the site is good though

Angel xx

berkschick
03-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I did have one Mum visit from Netmums but it was for 12 weeks maternity cover which Mum then decided to cover herself.

I have had lots of emails from there too but you email back and never hear again!

fionamal
03-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I advertise on Netmums and had 2 enquiries but nothing came of them.

sarah707
03-03-2008, 10:20 AM
One of my email addresses got spammed a while ago and I had to shut it down... it was the one I used for the netmums ad.

I've taken it off now. I didn't get anything useful, only time wasters, anyway :D

emler
03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
As soon as I registered I advertised on netmums but I've only ever had one phonecall.

Emler x

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
03-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi

I advertised and never got anything so haven't really bothered again.

Lorraine xx

deb24
03-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I have put an ad on there. Had one response from it but nothing came of it.