PDA

View Full Version : anyone get Nursery World Mag?

kindredspirits
06-11-2009, 08:34 AM
My course is offering a years subscription to Nursery World for £24 - i am sure I have seen it as much more expensive before but is it worth it/worth reading for childminders??
anna x

sarah707
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow that's a brilliant price!

Snatch their hands off :D

kindredspirits
06-11-2009, 08:58 AM
i just clicked the link and they're letting me do a quaterly direct debit for £6 - including a book on obs and planning and a book about helping with behaviour thrown in.
think i'll do it - it'll give me something to reference against in my tma's. :D

AnnieM
06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I love nursery world, haven't had it for quite a long time as I am not really working atm so low income, but I pick it up whenever I see it in a newsagent. You can get a free trial issue off their site too. That is a fantastic price and if I could get it at that I would deffo subscribe again. :thumbsup:

The Juggler
06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
My course is offering a years subscription to Nursery World for £24 - i am sure I have seen it as much more expensive before but is it worth it/worth reading for childminders??
anna x

Brilliant price! I pay £14 per quarter which is still only a few pounds a month but £24 is brilliant. What course/college?

Polly2
06-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Go for it :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
06-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Its E100 with the Open University - although the offer itself just says for students.

mandy moo
07-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I used to gt Nursery World 20+ years ago whilst training for my NNEB it was a pretty good read back then.:)

Shortly before I started childminding I suscribed again, thinking it would help with my childminding, there were a few interesting pieces in there, but IMO I think it caters more towards nursery and schools, rather than the whole childcare sector.
They seem to have changed the format, and layout, I dont think its as easy to read either,
Prehaps I just have a hard time with change:blush:

Happy Totos
07-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi there Anna

Am doing the E100 as well!!!!!! I do get the Nursery World Mag and its quite useful for references etc. I would recommend it. Mines paid for by the early years team though.. :laughing:

It would be lovely to share how you are fairing with the course! Have you done your TMA? Am just tidying mine up at the mo!

MaryAnne x

OUDiva
19-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi All,

I just received 2nd edition of nursery mag and just started planning for tma2 for course E100.

Anyone want to share ideas the topic of maturation?

cheers

OUDiva
19-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes I am just recieving this - its a good read!