PDA

View Full Version : how quickly..

charliegee
05-11-2009, 10:53 PM
hello all

does anyone know how long ofsted take to investigate complaints?

x

The Juggler
06-11-2009, 07:49 AM
fairly quickly usually depending on severity/safety of children involved. Are you OK - someone make it against you or you made a complaint?

charliegee
06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
ah thanks - sorry....is me worrying as have been reading about posts about walls having eyes and ears (notably one about childminders being reported for leaving children in cars) and got myself worked up about whether my practice is correct or not and (staying up late...) got worried about the synerio (sorry can't spell!) of....gosh imagine if someone made a false accusation against you?

sorry...scaremongering myself (have ofsted due and trying to check I'm doing it all correctly and scarying myself!) :blush:

am sure I am and have risk assessed everything I do ....just worried about complaints in general (bit of a worrier you see!! :blush: )

xxxx

solly
06-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I had one made against me a few weeks ago, i posted it on here, the complaint was made on the wednesday and they were at my door on the monday. Nothing was found against me and my husband but it has made me very aware that you never know who is watching you The most upsetting thing is that i cant even find who made the malicious call against me & my husband even though ofsted know who it is

suzyblue
06-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I had fallen out with someone years ago (over her bad practice in childminding!) and at the time I didnt work Fridays. On a Friday I went to my daughters sports day and this person saw me there and phoned Ofsted to say I'd left children alone in the house!!! As soon as I got home they were on the phone but when I explained that I didnt work Fridays it was all ok. Scarey though what people can do........

twinkle3005
06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Depending on how severe the complaint is or if the child is at risk then Ofsted would be in touch the same they receive the complaint. Other complaints are investigated and hopefully resolved within 30 days.

Alibali
06-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh charliegee, sorry. hope that wasn't me that has got you worried:blush: I was only trying to make us all aware that some people aren't as nice as everyone here is. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

charliegee
08-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Ah no was just me staying up late and worrying myself!

it is so true we must be professional at all times (just scary the impact of our job sometimes isn't it)

thanks for your replys

x