PDA

View Full Version : What do you do..

Lily Grace
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
...when you see a mum who has called you, saying she has been in tears, her current childminder doesn't do the school run that her daughter will be going to in Sept 2010. We arrange a visit in the evening when her husband can see me (7.30 on a Friday night, my hubby told me I must be mad). We had what I thought was a really nice meeting. Then nothing, sent an e-mail saying can you please tell me if you need me and still nothing. I have seen the mum today in the supermarket and she walked past me like she hadn't seen me.

Pipsqueak
05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
you've done your best in selling yourself. Some people are just ignorant about not getting back to you - don't take it personally.

If you wanted - send another message - that you have someone else interested in the space and could she let you know asap

cowboy
06-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Hi-
Maybe she's changed her work hours, got a relative to do it or even found someone else,
I always take it badly when they choose someone else and I find it hard waiting to find out,
You have my full sympathies!

Paula

haribo
06-11-2009, 07:49 AM
develop a thick skin ;) seriously, its her loss and if she isnt brave enough to tell you she doesnt want you thats a sad reflection on her not you . next time maybe say can they let you know by xxxxx as you have others interested .. or take their number and say i need to know by xxxx so will give you a quick call . btw i dont take my own advice just wait aroud waiting for them to get back to me but this is what im going to do in future :rolleyes:

Daftbat
06-11-2009, 07:55 AM
There is nothing you can do - some people are ignorant or just thoughtless. If she can behave like that to you in the spermarket then to be honest you are better off without them.

Put it behind you and carry on.

sarah707
06-11-2009, 08:01 AM
I live in a small town and often see parents who have done that to me.

I usually smile widely, make a fuss of the child and say how lovely it was to see them.

I smile to myself later and think about my lucky escape :D

Pudding Girl
06-11-2009, 08:15 AM
.. I have seen the mum today in the supermarket and she walked past me like she hadn't seen me.

You stick your foot out the next time you see her :cool:

youarewhatyoueat
06-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Just ignore it, sounds like she made a bit of a fool of herself and over-reacted when ringing you in the first place. If she needs you she can ring again.

Hebs
06-11-2009, 08:32 AM
If she needs you she can ring again.

and then kindly decline saying i'm sorry but i don't have any spaces :D

katickles
06-11-2009, 08:33 AM
You stick your foot out the next time you see her :cool:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RedDragon
06-11-2009, 08:48 AM
It's horrible when that happens.

I had a lot of work done to the back of my house and so the front driveway (children didn't use it) was a mess (bricks, dust etc).

A set of parents came and the dad walked out halfway through (he gave me the creeps to be honest) and the mum left eventually.

The next day the older child of the parents told my mindee that her little sister wasn't coming because my house "was a dump"

I was furious - but I know my house is clean and tidy - and I am full and I care for the children well - so it is her loss - and she is left with a creepy husband.

Hold your head up high and if she passes again pretend you are on the phone with an enquiry and say down the phone - "sorry, I'm full at the moment but if you ring me later I can pass another Childminders name on, was I recommended? oh, that's lovely" lay it on thick within her earshot lol

kingdom
06-11-2009, 10:01 AM
There is nothing you can do - some people are ignorant or just thoughtless. If she can behave like that to you in the spermarket then to be honest you are better off without them.

Put it behind you and carry on.

Gosh what sort of shop do you go to:eek: , spermarket. I dont expect its very busy in there i can feel a headache coming on just thinking about it ha ha

Lily Grace
06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for replies, I seem to fall for the sob stories!!

wellybelly
06-11-2009, 12:49 PM
We all fall for them, but as mentioned above we develop thicker skins as the years pass. Ive had that done to me a few times, and one even had the nevre to do it twice! I got great satisfaction in telling her I was full and had a waitlist!

grindal
06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
A woman came to see me a couple of months ago and signed contracts and then phoned to tell me she did not want to use me. I saw her in town last week and as she tried to ignore me i rushed over and asked her how she was and how her daughter was and how work was and I hoped she had sorted out her difficult situation ....she was desperate to get away from me and I just chatted on to her :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Its an alternative strategy!

Tatjana
06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I had one like this, phoned me twice to arrange a visit, made negative remarks about her current cm, saying others she'd phone sound asleep etc, was desperate to move her children, then...didn't even show up!

xx

Cazz
06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
A woman came to see me a couple of months ago and signed contracts and then phoned to tell me she did not want to use me. I saw her in town last week and as she tried to ignore me i rushed over and asked her how she was and how her daughter was and how work was and I hoped she had sorted out her difficult situation ....she was desperate to get away from me and I just chatted on to her :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Its an alternative strategy!

You should have sent her an invoice for the cost of the contract!