PDA

View Full Version : Abit miffed ...

Lainey Lou
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi all, I look after a Polish girl (2Yr 3m), just 3 hours a day in the afternoon. I was friendly with mum before I started cm her daughter and I have really helped the family out so much over the last few months, things like helping them with applying for tax credits, helping mum apply for jobs online, re-writing her Cv for her, working bank holidays last minute, sorting out a mechanic when their car broke down and providing a taxi service so they could get to work etc etc get the picture, above and beyond the call of duty but its my nature to help out. Also, obviously providing a caring and safe environment for her daughter which goes without saying.

Anyway, she turned up today and totally out of the blue gave notice as she wants to put her daughter into a nursery. It isn't any reflection on me at all, she just wants her daughter to interact with more children and thinks nursery is best for her (I only have my daughter and a 6 month old baby, I do take her to a group once a week but afternoon groups are limited). Now I understand completely and if she feels this is best, well that is the most important thing. The thing that is really getting to me is that its a month before xmas and I feel like she has totally dropped me right in it. After all that I have done for them I just feel completely miffed. Would you feel like this as well, I know its just one of those things and it happens to us all, but I just feel abit deflated and I am panicking about money now XX

Pipsqueak
05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Thats hard on you but as you say there is no reflection on you at all. I think its quite natural to feel put out but you need to congratulate yourself on a job well done instead of thinking about what ifs.

ps - get advertising

pps - you never know nursery might not work out

pps- have you talked to mum about alternatives - such as staying with you but putting child in nursery 2 mornings a week instead.... or what viable things you could do to see if mum would stay with you?

miffy
05-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Sorry this has happened - it's not easy at any time but always seems worse before Christmas when you've counted on the money.............

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what you do for parents, if they decide they want something more/different or whatever that goes straight out of the window.

Hope you get some more work soon.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Always happens at this time of year when you are least expecting it. Hope something comes up soon

The Juggler
06-11-2009, 02:33 PM
poor you. listen, this happened to a friend and it was all down to money and free funding at nursery. It may just be a cost factor and she is too embarrassed to say.

good advice from Pip already.

Tatjana
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Sorry you're in this situation, hope you get another mindee soon.

xx