PDA

View Full Version : Numbers question

sfox2003
05-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi

Could someone help me, how many children is the norm to be registered for? I have an 8 month old & a 4 year old at school.

Also is there a rule about 4-5 year olds being classed as your 5 & unders in the school holidays???

Thanks

Sarah

Pipsqueak
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
4yr olds in full time education ie 10 sessions is classed as 5 for ratio purposes even in the holidays.

Most people get reg'd for the 3 under 5's and 3 overs - to include your own children. There are other factors though that the inspector considers which can affect amount of children reg'd for

sfox2003
05-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Ooh what factors are those? Is it the size of house? I have a reasonably sized home. I have a large play area plus quiet room & outside garden solely for the childrens use & then I have a living room & dining room. Would that be big enough for normal numbers?

Sarah

Pipsqueak
05-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Ooh what factors are those? Is it the size of house? I have a reasonably sized home. I have a large play area plus quiet room & outside garden solely for the childrens use & then I have a living room & dining room. Would that be big enough for normal numbers?

Sarah

yes it goes on size. the sizes are in the EYFS
most people in a 'normal' sized home get reg'd for the full quota (taking into accoutn own children)

don't fret too much about it though:)

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
You could get 4 under 8 of which no more than 2 could be in the EY age group. This would allow for your 2 children taking up the other 2 spaces, taking you to 6 under 8 at any one time.