PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 weigh in!

Spangles
03-03-2008, 09:17 AM
For everyone who is starting again this week with me and Angel (I think)!

Thought we could all put our start weights on here and then every Monday I will try and put a new thread on for our progress and we can put how much we have lost that week, how much we have lost since week 1 and what we are finding hard or what we find helps, etc.!

Does that sound like a good idea? Hope you don't mind Angel?

I was thinking that when we get to every four week point we could see who's lost the most and they will get a certificate for being the Forum Dieter of the Month? I know it probably sounds childish but that kind of thing works for me so though maybe it would for other people too! Ha ha!

My start weight is 10stone 10 lbs and I want to initially lose a stone before summer then if I'm 'in the zone' I'll go for the last 7lbs! Ha ha!

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Great idea Lorri thanks

I cant put my weight because I never ever weigh myself when on a diet - I learned a long time ago it puts me off If I have a good week and do not have a weight loss
So now days I do not bother

I am fat - very
So I will just put slimmer each week if I have done any good haha

Great idea to have a certificate

Please lets get to at least 12 weeks this time with no breaks inbetween

I really want to do this

Mind you I had heaps of chocs for mothers day

Angel xx

Spangles
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Of course and people don't have to put their weight down if they don't want to, I know my mum for instance would never tell anyone how much she weighs!

But if you do weigh yourself you could still put how many pounds you've lost that week.

We must keep going for at least 12 weeks - think how good we'll feel if we do! Yeeha!

Lou
03-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I am starting over again.

I dont really want to put my start weight on here, but i will say each week if i have lost and how much if thats ok.

Good luck girls x

Rubybubbles
03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Not going to put my start weight on this one lorri 10 10 would be a dream:o

But ready for the challege, which I am really ready for bring it on...............

Spangles
03-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Fair enough! We can do this!

Come on, who else is going to join our diet?

Twinkles
03-03-2008, 01:58 PM
ME please I'm in. I'm not going to put my weight down in writing or I might cry. Let's just say a lot of people assume I'm expecting:blush: I suppose I should be flattered that they think I'm young enough!!
I too would love to be 10 10.

charleyfarley
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm in too.

Got two months to lose weight for my son's wedding so got to do it this time

Angel hope we aren't going somewhere fattening for lunch on Sunday :laughing:

My weight also stays a secret, sorry

Carol xx

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry Carol but blow the diet on Sunday it is a special day for us so we need to treat ourselves

There is no way im sitting there with a salad or low fat meal ha

xxx

deeb66
03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Can i join you this time round/

I have started today but I am not going to tell you how much I weight more because I am absolutely ashamed of what the scales tell me.

I will be honest in that I am not on a conventional diet and started the Cambridge Diet today.

I know that it is quite drastic but trust me I do need to take drastic measures to try and shift some of this weight.

The Cambridge Diet is basically the same as Lighter Life and both are complete liquid replacement.

It is going to be mighty tough but I am fed up with being this way.

Has anyone done the Cambridge or lighter Life before?

Spangles
03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
My mum did it years ago and ended up selling it for a while and I know she found it okay to do and lost a lot of weight. I think she used to have the weekends off though.

Good luck Dee!

deeb66
03-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks Lorri

I am hoping to loose quite a bit of weight too.

Initially I intend to stick to it 7 days a week but once I have lost a large chunk I am hoping to turn to a convential diet but we will have to wait and see.

I am fed up with keep saying that I am going to loose weight but never do.....in fact I just seem to get bigger.

so I have taken the bull by the horns and doing this.

It is costing me between £35 per week for 3 food packs per day but of course I am not spending anything else on food as it is a complete plan.

I did look into doing Lighter Life but the main difference between the 2 plans was the counselling sessions and have been told that Cambridge & Lighter Life are one and the same company!

I didn't want to go to counselling sessions....I know what my problem is and the other reason I didn't choose Lighter Life was that it would cost me £66 per week for 3 food packs per day :eek:

Spangles
03-03-2008, 05:18 PM
That's very expensive! How could anyone afford that?

£35 is a lot more reasonable.

Hope they taste okay? Can you eat fruit and vegetables or anything at all?

deeb66
03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
That's very expensive! How could anyone afford that?

£35 is a lot more reasonable.

Hope they taste okay? Can you eat fruit and vegetables or anything at all?

No.....nothing at all

I have 3 food packs a day (either soup or milkshake)

I can only drink water, black coffee or black tea

I cannot even have chewing gum!

Spangles
03-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Gosh that is strict! I'm way too weak and lacking in willpower to do anything like that!

deeb66
03-03-2008, 05:42 PM
So am I normally!

But I have often said that if they invented a pill to replace food then I would be able to do it.

This is the closest I can get to a pill and I am getting desperate now and really need to shift the weight!

The hardest part of today was cooking the dinner and not being able to eat it but so far I am determined.

I might need a little extra help in a couple of days though as apparantly day 3 & 4 are the hardest.

I do have to drink 4 litres of water a day which helps to fill the stomach........my bladder is protesting though ;)

Spangles
03-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Well, we'll all help you I'm sure!

Good on you for being so strong! Maybe for the next few weeks you should just cook dinners that you find gross so it won't be such a problem!

We are all going to be so slim and luscious soon, we'll be the lightest Forum in the world! Ha ha!

deeb66
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Yes I could do that Lorri but I suspect that it will get to the stage I will eat anything that involves using my teeth :laughing:

I am sure that I will be relying on you all an awful lot in the weeks to come!

ruby
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
if you don't mind me and rachel will join you

hope we do better this time as going on holiday in may and need to fit in to my summer clothes

cathy and rachel

Julia
06-03-2008, 08:32 PM
:D Can I join in, Im frightened to put my start weight as I dont want to admit that this is the heaviest Ive ever been in my life :(

Im doing a low carb diet, yeah yeah I know! But its worked for me in the past and this time last year I was 2 stone lighter and in the past Ive lost 3 stone thanks to this diet and managed to keep it off for years, but Ive had the sh*tiest year on record, can even begin to tell you and Im a comfort eater, to be honest Im suprised I havent put more weight on.:blush:

We'll I'll stick to my diet if you lot do, I'll be having my first fry up in the morning:laughing:

Good luck girls

Julia:D