PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

crazybones
03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
As a lot of my older mindees are likely to be leaving in September (or at least only coming in hols), I was going to do some hand prints of all the children and glue them in a circle almost as if they were holding hands. What I am looking for is an idea of what to put in the middle to tie it all together eg hands around a pic of the world or something. Any inspiration?

Annie x

sarah707
03-03-2008, 09:10 AM
A photo collage of their faces... with permission of course! :D

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 09:18 AM
lovely idea xxx

Annie_T
03-03-2008, 01:46 PM
how bout this ickle poem!? (taken from my sons handiwork when at play skool few years a go to make a place mat) just change the words/ or use what parts you want hun.

MY HANDY WORK

Hands are good for holding
and so many other things
We use them to wash dishes,
and wear all kinds of things

I use my hands to lift up pens
and draw my funny pictures
of animals and monsters
and of me getting into mischief!!

With them i can do handstands
Make the world go upside down.
Play with a yo-yo in the garden
and paint my face like a clown.

Now i've used my hands on this place mat
It's my very own design
They may hang it in a gallery
And i would say ''That's Mine''

its a a3 sheet paper with poem in middle and a handprint each side in 2 colours and then laminated. to make it a place mat :)

yummymummy_2006
03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Some more poems?

There used to be so many of my fingerprints to see
on furniture and walls and things from grubby, sticky me
But if you stop and think a while, you'll see I'm growing fast
those little handprints disappear, you can bring back what's passed
So here's a small reminder to keep, not to wipe away
of my hands and how they looked to make you smile someday OR

Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small,
and always leave my fingerprints on furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing: I'll be grown up someday
and all of those fingerprints will surely fade away.
So here is one final handprint just so you recall
exactly how my handprint/fingers looked
when I was very small!

They do paint your own plates in Woolworths for £3.50 and I did one with my daughters handprint for everyone at xmas - they look fab! Does anyone know how I can get a picture on here for annie to look at - they're big enough to get three handprints on!

ma7ie
03-03-2008, 02:23 PM
How about drawing a big tree. Get each child to choose a colour of paint and make handprints. Cut them out and write the child's name on them, then stick them to the tree. At the top you could write "Friendship Tree" and on the trunk you could put the date. (does that make sense?) :D

Banana
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Thats a really nice idea!!

x

Tatia
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Friendship tree! What a great idea! I am so doing this. :cool:

deeb66
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
How about drawing a big tree. Get each child to choose a colour of paint and make handprints. Cut them out and write the child's name on them, then stick them to the tree. At the top you could write "Friendship Tree" and on the trunk you could put the date. (does that make sense?) :D

Marie....I think that is a fantastic idea.

Will keep that in my activity file for when I need to do one of those!

emler
03-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I think the friendship tree is a lovely idea too

Emler x

crazybones
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Thank you ladies love the idea of the tree. Just got to persuade 10 and 11 year olds to paint their hands now. :laughing:

Annie x

buildingblocks
03-03-2008, 11:19 PM
possibly put their photo between there hands if that makes sense then you will have areminder of whose hand it is does that make sense

buildingblocks
03-03-2008, 11:20 PM

I have handprints of all the children I have cared for to do this but am waiting for pa in law to do the tree as I am useless at drawing lol

miffy
04-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Some lovely ideas thank you

Miffy xx

ruby
04-03-2008, 09:03 AM
some lovely ideas i will have 5 of mine leaving in July so i think i will do the friendship tree

cathy