PDA

View Full Version : where to get LO to nap?

newandlearning
05-11-2009, 02:20 PM
hi everyone..

my own 2yo has recently come out of his cot and gone into his bed.. this is because he was climbing out.. now tho I dont know how to get him to nap..
my mindee naps in a buggy.. my other LO rests in a chair..

today I've tried getting my own 2yo to nap on the sofa with me cuddling him (didnt work) .. put him in another buggy (didn't work) and now he's in a chair watching telly with the others.. not asleep but at least calm.

I still feel he needs his afternoon naps can anyone help with any napping techniques please... :) thanks a lotxx

Jules12Wed
05-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I get all mine to sleep on the sofa. One little girl whose Mum used some technique of putting her in a dark room etc but when she came to me I wondered what I was going to do, at first I put her in a travel cot but a pain to get it out for just one day a week. I've had her for 6 months now, after 5 months I tried just laying her on the sofa and patting her back and hey ho she went off to sleep, so that's what I do now every week, just pat her back till she is almost asleep.

FussyElmo
05-11-2009, 02:42 PM
My own children nap in their cot or beds. Mindee sleeps on the settee on if needs be in the pushchair:)

newandlearning
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
LO is not interested at all in staying in buggy and starts crying and screaming which disturbs the others... anyother ideas.. today we stayed on the sofa but he's now being really disruptive as he's not slept.. its exhausting...
has anyone else got any ideas??

Cazz
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Don't know what to suggest really but you have my sympathy! Have you tried putting him in his bed to see if he'll drop off? If you have a gate on the bedroom door and he gets out at least he'll be safe and he may be less likely to disturb the mindees if they nap downstairs?

I have a similar problem with my own dd now I've started minding. About 6 months ago she started playing up in her cot when I put her down for a nap. It would go on for over an hour by which time it was getting too late for her to have a decent sleep :rolleyes: I reluctantly started putting her in her pram and rocking her to sleep downstairs as she still needs a nap (2 next month). This has been fine until now but with mindees here, they are the ones who are going to disturb her and how can I be rocking her to sleep and look after the mindees at the same time? Only worked 1 day so far and my mum came round and got her off to sleep for me as I had 6 other children here, but obviously my mum can't do this every day!

My dd has started playing up at bedtime now since she's been ill this week so I'm not moving her to a bed yet as she'll be getting out all evening/night!

Hope you manage to get sorted with your son - it's awful when they haven't had a nap when they really need one!