PDA

View Full Version : mainly a question for you fantastic male childminders.

tinynippers
05-11-2009, 01:58 PM
i feel awful asking but as ive never thought about it before i dont actually no the answer myself. what it is, my cousin is looking into reg as a childminder in the uk and he's spoken to his local childminding co-ordinator as she's turned round and told him that if he goes ahead with it, he can only actually look after male mindees unless he employs a female assistant. i told him im sure this isn't true as it doesnt work the other way round female childminders.

but as i said its never even crossed my mind. just wondering if you could confirm it for me please? xxx

Minstrel
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Completely ridiculous!

Stupid sexist woman! :angry:

FussyElmo
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Well on earth wouldn't they be allowed to look after female mindees? Very sexist thing to say!!!!

Pipsqueak
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
i feel awful asking but as ive never thought about it before i dont actually no the answer myself. what it is, my cousin is looking into reg as a childminder in the uk and he's spoken to his local childminding co-ordinator as she's turned round and told him that if he goes ahead with it, he can only actually look after male mindees unless he employs a female assistant. i told him im sure this isn't true as it doesnt work the other way round female childminders.

but as i said its never even crossed my mind. just wondering if you could confirm it for me please? xxx

Can tell you right now the co-ordinator needs reporting and what she has said is a load of TWADDLE

Polly2
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
That is so stupid and wrong :angry:

Blackhorse
05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I just had to read this 3 times to make sure I was reading it right.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Winnie
05-11-2009, 02:29 PM
He needs to ask where this is written down, because I can not see any authority having it as a policy so its just her opinion and is completely wrong. If she produces a policy then it needs to be challenged.
We all know there are male teachers, doctors, midwives and HCA’s so why not childminders?

tinynippers
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
its what she told him. he phoned to ask me. he didnt go into most of what she said (cost's alot to phone cyprus, so will chat online later) but apprantly theres alot of what she said he dis agrees with and i think he's been really put off now. but i will try and convince him otherwise as i believe he will be fantastic. id leave my to children any day and im very fussy(i dont even leave them with my own mother). i just want to apologise as i didnt mean to make anyone angry, and just thankyou for confirming what i already thought xxx

Pipsqueak
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM
its what she told him. he phoned to ask me. he didnt go into most of what she said (cost's alot to phone cyprus, so will chat online later) but apprantly theres alot of what she said he dis agrees with and i think he's been really put off now. but i will try and convince him otherwise as i believe he will be fantastic. id leave my to children any day and im very fussy(i dont even leave them with my own mother). i just want to apologise as i didnt mean to make anyone angry, and just thankyou for confirming what i already thought xxx

Awww hunny you haven't made anyone angry - just angry on your friends behalf to have been told such rubbish.

Tell your friend to come and log onto the forum for lots more help and support - sounds like he has a great friend and support in you

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I know you are in Cyprus but is he planning to childmind in the UK or Cyprus? Cyprus authorities may have different rules to us

If it is in the UK tell him to ignore his DW.

tinynippers
05-11-2009, 05:36 PM
he's in the uk.

i live on a raf base in cyprus and there are a few difference but not many for me as on the raf base its actually classed the same as if you are in the uk if you follow what i mean.

xxx

sarah707
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
She's talking a load of twaddle!

Tell him to come on here and chat to us, we'll give him the right information :D

TheBTeam
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
My husband is a male minder and it was never mentioned to him and he has girls contracted to him!