PDA

View Full Version : Toy garage

youarewhatyoueat
05-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Which toy garage is the best to buy for age 1 up to age4, I love the wood ones but they all seem very expensive. I used to have a little people one but its broken now and need to buy a new one. which would you recommend??
any good offers on anywhere??

The Juggler
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't think it matters. When I watch children play they are interested in how the cars move down the ramps and how the parts move up and down.

I would say go for one with a ramp and as many moving parts as possible. Also one that will allow you to use existing types of cars so you don't have to buy any special ones.

terrydoo73
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I was very interested to hearing the responses to this as I too was in the position of looking for a good wooden toy garage then I went into TK Maxx today and got once - reduced from £60 to £29 and it is by John Crane. Spent this afternoon screwing it all together and am very pleased with it - it has 2 storeys, 2 ramps, a lift and 6 little cars with people in them.

I think I might limit its use initially as I have twin boys who are 18months old and do break toys very easily!

Maguiresmonkeys
07-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I have the 'little people' garage and all the kids love it. Its not as big as some ive seen but it does the job! It has ramps, 2 storeys, lights and sounds and I got it from the carboot for £2 :clapping: bargin! We have had it for 4 years now and its still all working and in one piece (what im trying to say is that its well made!)lol

LittleStar's
07-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I have been looking at the little people garage for my daughter (18months) looks perfect and has good reviews on the web :)

miffy
07-11-2009, 09:52 PM
I've got the little people one too - the children like it and will ask for it if it's not out.

Miffy xx

terrydoo73
09-11-2009, 05:56 PM
So much for being delighted with my new wooden John Crane toy garage. My little mindees came today and wrecked 2 pieces on it - the lift and they pulled one of the signs off! So gutted as I don't know how to fix it and whether or not to let them continue to play with this item if this is how they treat it!

youarewhatyoueat
10-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh thats annoying good job it was half price. That was my worry i've already got through 2 fisher price ones, over the last 12 years though so can't complain too much.

Polly2
10-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I have the elc one - got it from e bay :) its good for littlies as pretty chunky and indestructable really :thumbsup: