PDA

View Full Version : It makes a change to have thoughtful parents

solly
04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I look after a little girl who is is nearly 9 months old. I have had her since september on a monday & wednesday 8am - 5.30 she is a lovely content child and the parents are really nice too.

Just before half term the LO was ill with a cold and cough and mum who is a teacher did not send her to me until she was better which meant i didnt have her for 2 weeks as the second week mum said she was better but still not 100%
I should of had her 1 day during half term but mum decided to have her at home as they were out and about visiting friends and relatives so monday just gone was her first day back since before she was ill. They have not questioned me at all about payment and have paid me as normal.

Mum brought LO on monday morning (usually dad brings her) she said dad was ill, everything was fine. When she picked up she said her DH had gone down hill during the day and had the doctor out and he has been diagnosed with swine flu, and asked me what my procedure was.

I told her that i could still have LO if she was showing no signs to which she said ok, then the next thing she said was she was going to tell work she couldn't come in as DD is her first priority and that she did not want to risk my other mindees getting it or me & my family as she said if we got it i couldn't work which would mean loss of income and said that was not fair on me.
It was so nice to feel appreciated and thought of by mindees mum and its nice to have a parent who puts her child before work, most of my other parents put work first.

Sorry for the long post but just thought it would be nice to share:)

little miss chatterbox
04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
how lovely of her and like you say it makes such a nice change!

thanks for sharing, it's good to hear about thoughtful parents too!

TheBTeam
04-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Makes a change, how nice! I had the other side of the coin, little one passing stuff to my family without telling us he had it, until I told her my family had it, and then she let slip, then got cross in half term when I said because of illness i was not prepared to have her little one extra in the hols as he is a term time contract!

aly
04-11-2009, 10:55 PM
awww what a sweet mum...goodfor you and her putting her child first.

xx

The Juggler
05-11-2009, 08:09 AM
what a lovely mum.

Ripeberry
05-11-2009, 10:15 AM
What a nice mum, but also it depends on what kind of job the parents have. A professional job is easier as there is (usually) job security and they don't have to worry about losing their job.
Too many parents out there have rubbish bosses :angry: who threaten them with all kinds if they don't toe the line and they will tell them "Your job comes first NOT your familly"
I know this to be true as a manager in the office told a colleague of mine in front of everyone :(

LisaH
05-11-2009, 10:35 AM
You've got lovely parents there, wish they could all be like that:)

LittleMissSparkles
05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Can I have 6 parents like that please :D how wonderfuland refreshing to be appreciated and considered xxx

Alibali
05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow, keep hold of them:D