PDA

View Full Version : minding for free- obs, etc?

ChocolateChip
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if you have to do planning and obs if you have a child for free?
I will soon be having my niece's 6mth old daughter one afternoon a week while mum does a course. Baby will be going to a different minder (nearer to home) 2 1/2 days while mum works where they will do obs etc.
As this is really a family arrangement and not business (although obviously I'm keeping within my numbers) will I have to do obs aswell? contracts?
Any advice appreciated!
Nikki :huh:

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Am really not sur eon this one TBH, would also be interested to know though, may be worth a phone call to Ofsted about it:thumbsup:

wendywu
02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I would have thought that as you are not being paid and it is family and you are within numbers that this little one is nothing to do with Ofsted.:)

Trouble
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
im not sure about this one either

to be honest i havent and dont do obs yet i should thou and will soon (I hope!!!!!)

sarah707
03-03-2008, 07:52 AM
I wouldn't do obs (and certainly not planning for a baby) for such a short time - they are not compulsory until EYFS kicks in in September anyway, so it's not an issue. :D

ChocolateChip
03-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks, everyone.
I was hoping I wouldn't have to, and after reading another thread last night I could always get my niece to sign to say she doesn't want them done. Probably will check with the dreaded 'O', as suggested, to be on the safe side.
Nikki :thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Have just rung Ofsted and they are happy that if it's a private arrangement and not part of my childminding then no need to do anything!
Fantastic!
Nikki :jump for joy:

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM
that good news xxx