View Full Version : Help me please

04-11-2009, 07:48 PM
My head is done in.

Is it fair to accept 2 children aged 10 months and 2 years when you would only have space for them if a current parent made her mind up as to what she was doing.

I have a lo aged 2. 5 days a week. Mum says he could be gooing to a number of nursery's and she hasnt decided yet whether she needs me or not as from September next year.

I have had a call today from a parent wanting childcare for her 2 children aged 2 and 10 months.

Is it fair if i accept these 2 new children and if parents of current 2 year old lo decides she needs me then to say i carnt renew contract

if you see what i mean

04-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I always put current children before new ones...

So I would pin current parent down, explain the situation and ask what is happening.

Even then I've been let down, they've said whatever is necessary to get me to keep their place open, then changed it at the last minute.

At the end of the day it's risky isn't it?

I think you've to go with your conscience and how you think the children will work out for you.

Hth :D

04-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Yep,like Sarah said you need a definate from the parent. Be honest and say you've had an enquirey and need to know by ..........so you can let this new family know where they stand.

If she has given a date to leave then changes her mind I would be miffed and probably say "sorry I have booked this new family".

Good luck,remember it's not the child's fault but parents are an occupational hazard of the job!:laughing:

04-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I am with the others on this. I have recently had an enquiry for next year which i cannot commit to fully since things are a bit up in the air with start dates and days for mums returning to work after maternity leave. Its not fair to let people start with you without them knowing the full details. You need to either pin down your existing customer or tell the new one the situation that might present itslef next September and let them make a decision.

05-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Good luck,remember it's not the child's fault but parents are an occupational hazard of the job!:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Lol I like that saying, I think I might laminate and put on the notice board!!

Chatterbox Childcare
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
If there is a chance that this parent is likely to leave I would ask her to come in and discuss her contract.

I would also meet the mum of the other 2.

It may all pan out but maybe you will have to make the decision.

I would take notice from the current child if given and start the other 2 and if mum comes back and wants to stay ask for a variation.