PDA

View Full Version : twins

brightstar
04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I have had an enquiry for eight month old twins, but I already care for a 14 month old baby. Do you think CSSIW would allow me to care for the three at the same time because they are all under 18 months? They would be the only ones in my care at those times. Their mum is pretty desperate so I said I would phone CSSIW tomorrow, but would love to have an idea beforehand. And any tips on what to say? Thanks

TheBTeam
04-11-2009, 06:10 PM
If you are allowed 3 under 5 I can not see that it is a problem, all they say is you can only have one under 1 so if the other 2 could be as little as 13 months!

I would think that as it is twins this is one time when they will usually consider a variation as otherwise no childminder would be able to take them when working alone.

When you call them make sure you are prepared for questions about how you can meet all their needs, ie have sufficient pushchair space/car seats/eating and sleeping stuff, and toys, and how you can deal with individual attention, ie existing child has a nap etc.

aly
04-11-2009, 07:26 PM
there are usually specialcircumstances due to twins..I would defo ask cssiw,,,they can only say no.

tulip0803
04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
If you are allowed 3 under 5 I can not see that it is a problem, all they say is you can only have one under 1 so if the other 2 could be as little as 13 months!

I would think that as it is twins this is one time when they will usually consider a variation as otherwise no childminder would be able to take them when working alone.

When you call them make sure you are prepared for questions about how you can meet all their needs, ie have sufficient pushchair space/car seats/eating and sleeping stuff, and toys, and how you can deal with individual attention, ie existing child has a nap etc.
In Wales the regs are 3 under 5 and no more than 2 under 18 months.

But haveing said that CSSIW may look favourably on a variation because it is twins and it would only be for 4 months and you will be back in normal ratios. It is definately worth a try. You will have to explain how you will care for them all. But you already have the buggy for it:D

Good luck XX

p.s. cheekymonkey nice to meet you last week xx

brightstar
04-11-2009, 09:14 PM
p.s. cheekymonkey nice to meet you last week xx[/QUOTE]

It was nice to meet you too, pity your not closer, I could have given her your number if I couldn't take them.

dobby
04-11-2009, 11:14 PM
aww twins are lovely. i looked after some at 6 months when i also had a 15 mth old here. it was hard work for the first couple f weeks but then we all got into a routine and i loved it - they are still here now :D

if you need any help with the letter I can send you a copy of the one i did then if that helps. I also sent a grid of who was here when to show it was only an issue certain days/times.

brightstar
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Spoke to my Inspector today, she said that in her experience it was never allowed but I could go for a variation, which would mean it going to "legal", but that it would probably still get turned down. :(

chewy sweets
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Spoke to my Inspector today, she said that in her experience it was never allowed but I could go for a variation, which would mean it going to "legal", but that it would probably still get turned down. :(

Could be worth a go! I know i'm a bit too far from you but i've already go 2 under 18 months too. Don't know of anyone else closer to you either. Not many childminders in my area and i don't know them. Try going for the variation though - you never know! :thumbsup: