PDA

View Full Version : Rain protection whats the best?

singlewiththree
04-11-2009, 04:31 PM
For me and the children, we are going to be walking in the lovely wet weather soon as too many children for the car. I have a regatta waterproof coat but my legs and shoes get wet. What waterproofs can you recommend? and also for the walking children, today my DD's trousers were soaked before she made it to nursery.

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I am going to get waterproof trousers for myself from one of these outdoors camping shops

DD has rainproof dungarees like the ones in the link and wellies...
http://www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/flypage/1494/6ac19fc59f98bd9ce7ca13ecba74af6f
and a raincoat...

some of my mindees parents gave me the same dungarees for their LOs...very handy...

loocyloo
04-11-2009, 05:32 PM
my own children have waterproofs from www.muddypuddles.com

and as they grow out of them, i keep them for the LOs

i do ask all parents to provide waterproof trousers & jackets/all in ones plus wellies for all under 5's, these stay at my house, so we are prepared! (plus i have my 'spares' !)

i got some waterproof trousers for me from a camping shop!

i wear crocs for the school run ... my feet stay warm, and only a little wet! easy to dry! :D

helenlc
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Did you see these on the website as well:

http://www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/flypage/6354/b1bf32e7bb484066926151ba8f9f72de

I am going to get one for my 2 yr old mindee as she will have to walk in the rain now there is no space in the double buggy for her!! At that price, I think I will get some for the other 2 as well.

The Juggler
04-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I just bought some regatta shoes (they are like a trainer boot rather than a walking boot). I got them in the highlands in a sale (£25) but Sports Direct have great Karrimor etc walking boot type things for really reduced prices.

Or wellies but might not be so comfy on long distances.

carebear25
04-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Did you see these on the website as well:

http://www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/flypage/6354/b1bf32e7bb484066926151ba8f9f72de

I am going to get one for my 2 yr old mindee as she will have to walk in the rain now there is no space in the double buggy for her!! At that price, I think I will get some for the other 2 as well.

thanks for link have just been lookin for sum but cudnt find any at a reasonable price :clapping:

TheBTeam
04-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I have just invested in a Drizabone full length wax coat! Cost quite a lot, but am fed up with getting wet legs, so decided to invest in one, (well two dh got one too) and gonna get some wellies, if i get wet after that I am going to give up altogether and go out naked!:eek: :laughing:

Twinkles
04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
We went for a walk this morning ( now there's a surprise )

All mindees had on splashsuits and were wellied up. When we got back to the car I took their wellies off and had to tip water out of them :laughing:
they had wet socks wet trousers and one even had wet knickers :rolleyes: ( not wee ).

Well some puddles are just too good to resist and it can get in your wellies if you sit down !! :laughing:

The Juggler
04-11-2009, 06:24 PM
thanks for link have just been lookin for sum but cudnt find any at a reasonable price :clapping:

I've got these for the garden/outdoors and they are great. This website is even cheaper than I found - I paid £14.99 reduced from £24.99 on waterproofworld.co.uk.

singingcactus
04-11-2009, 07:09 PM
We just get changed when we get home, or to nursery and hang the wet stuff up to dry.

nannymcflea
04-11-2009, 07:22 PM
If you are buying waterproofs just remember to make sure the seams are sealed,if not water will just leak through where they sew them together.There should be a ridge you can feel along the seam thats the tape.

(sorry,this is hubbys line of work);)

Kelly
04-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I provide all waterproofs, all-in-ones for little ones and two piece for the older ones. I always have wellies available too. For me it's regatta waterproofs and my spotty wellies!

I also use a buggy brolley http://buggybrolly.com/ it leaves my hands completey free, not great in the wind though

Kelly

carebear25
06-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I've got these for the garden/outdoors and they are great. This website is even cheaper than I found - I paid £14.99 reduced from £24.99 on waterproofworld.co.uk.

Hi Got sum from our local outdoor place they were |£16.99 got the quilted one's then dont have 2 worry bout 2 many layers. They had them on 2 day an thought they were great got 2 jump in puddles x:clapping:

HELEN10
06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi mine all have regatta waterproofs too bought by parents, also they all wear wellies. I have more expensive waterproofs as i hike and have them anyway.

HELEN10

tulip0803
07-11-2009, 01:43 PM
I collect them whenever I see them in bootfairs so hopefully I will end up with enough for all ages.

Lidl's sell good waterproof top & trouser sets quite cheaply adults and children but it depends on what they have in at the time, I have a muddypuddles set and I got a horsey set of ebay, all the rest are Lidl's. I have also got just trousers from millets.

I keep my children's when they outgrow them so I have them to fit up to 16 years now:D .