PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhoea - sorry:-(

helenlc
04-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Ok, LO aged 9 months had one loose poo end of last week but nothing else and seemd fine in himself.

Monday he didnt come as mum said he had had a temp since the night before and she was trying to get him to the Drs.

I didnt work yesterday as I had a hospital appt.

LO came today and Mum said Dr had said he had a virus and was on antibiotics. I took him in. Anyway, within the first 3 hours he had had 3 diarrhoea poos. Mum called mid morning and asked how he was and I said about the diarrhoea and that he had refused his milk etc. She said she would come and pick him up early.

Anyway, when she came to pick him up, I said that I couldnt have him for the rest of the week due to the risk of it spreading. She seemed fine with this. She mentioned about him being off his food and having diarrhoea so I would imagine he has been like this for the last few days. :angry: The fact that she came back so readily shows she is obviously concerned. She is taking him to the Dr again later and I said call me after that to let me know whats going on.

But my question is - how long can you expect a case of diarrhoea to go on for? And do I refuse to have him all that time and yet still expect to get paid? I am not very strong when it comes to money!!:blush:

Thanks

venus89
04-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes you do get paid, if that's what's agreed in your contract. Your sickness policy should state that the child is to remain off for 48 hours after the last bout - just gently remind Mum of this. You did the right thing - hope LO feels better soon x

little daisies
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
i thought it was 72 hours for under fives and 48 hours for over fives:confused:

sarah707
04-11-2009, 07:19 PM
The Govt advice is 48 hour exclusion from the last bout...

Be strong! :D

helenlc
04-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Thank you - mum hasnt called after the Drs, so I am going to text her and make sure she realises he cant come back til next week now.

Zoomie
04-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I think I would define what I classify as diarrhoea, cos I think people have different intrepretations of it.

I know my DS1 always used to get diarrhoea when he went on antibiotics - but it was because of the antibotics, not what had made him ill in the first place.