PDA

View Full Version : Not a very happy parent

sarah32
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I look after brother 1 year and sister 2 years s and f.

And 11 months called s

The story is that on monday both my mums turned up at the same time and one mum said that her daughter s had been ill sunday but she felt she was now ok. Didnt really get chance to speak to her as everyone there at same time.

She didnt eat much during that day and she had a bad nappy late in the afternoon. Mentioned to mum when she collected her and she said oh I thought she was better. I did say maybe it was best to keep her off tomorrow.

Meanwhile I just mentioned to my other mum's that there had been a case of upset belly.

Then wednesday s had a really bad nappy so I mentioned to mum and then she called thurday to say he'd been up in the night being sick and bad bum so was keeping him off, he was also off friday as still bad.

Then s mum rings me today to say hes still not right and she would keep him off tomorrow from me as didnt want to pass it onto me and my kids but would see if her mum would have him. She said she wasnt very happy that the other mum had sent her child with upset belly and didnt want this to happen again which I can understand but I didnt know at the time she was ill with this.

I really didnt know what to say to her as If Id said what I was thinking she wouldnt of been happy, Ive posted another thread on here about it when he was being sick with me a couple of weeks ago and I called her and said he wasnt well and she said just give him calpol as she had to go into a meeting.

Now at the time a had all 3 kids and she should of come and collected him but I didnt word it right.

I feel like I cant win at moment.:angry:

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
oh hun sorry your feeling poo (haha) about this.

It's really hard, but blame cannot be made upon the other parent (well:rolleyes: ) it happens, things get passed on but ITS NOT YOUR FAULT, okay hunxxx

Annie_T
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
oh dear

if u have a tummy upset runs etc u shud know not send child 48hrs at least - wouldnt u???

i not meaning u hun i mean ppareants ...or at least she would of said soemthing first thing to u

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
oh parents can be very sneeky with things like this can't they:mad:

Pipsqueak
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I would just point out your illness/exclusion policy to all parents as a reminder in your next newsletter and say that for the benefit of all parties (including you and your own family) that can it is in everyones interests that ill children should not be sent to the setting.

That way you go a little way to appease the parent who is trying to blame you (shows that are trying to rectify the situation) ...

You cannot be blamed for this situation

miffy
03-03-2008, 07:01 AM
I agree with Vik and just point out that it is in everyone's interests that ill children are not sent because if you get it then everyone loses their childcare

Good luck
Miffy xx

sarah707
03-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Not your fault... but parents always need somebody to blame... and we're the easy targets! :(

yummymummy
03-03-2008, 08:24 AM
You poor thing! Childminders are always the scapegoats! If I were you I'd send each parent a copy of your sickness policy with a little note about a recent contagious illness and that parents may need a reminder of the procedure!
I find that parents never mind sending their sick child to you and passing it around but woe betide any child that passes something on to theirs including God forbid your child!
Try not to worry, it is so hard not to take things to heart when you work on your own.:) x

sarah32
03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
They each have a book that I fill in and put any notes in so Ive written in it saying that under no circumstances should a child be brought to me that isnt well to stop further infection amongst other minded children, me and my family.

Hopefully she will get that because I know she reads the book

I will also write it in my other parents book when s returns because she has also brought him to me when hes been unwell previous.

Funny how they forget this.

Told my husband what parent of sick child had said and he said maybe I should give her a refund, then explained to him its not my fault, I didnt know the child was ill until it was too late and she is also guily of bringing s to me sick and reminded him of s being sick one day and her not picking him up. Agress with me now. Why should I lose out. Out my foot down on that one.

I dont think these parents understand that children do get ill and maybe they should keep some of there holiday back for these situations.

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 09:29 AM
It is not your fault babe, these things happen but I would do as suggested and remind all parents in your newsletter that sick children are not to be brought to your setting for 48 hrs after the last sickness/ diarhea etc xxx

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Just catching up

But agree with everyone else its not you fault

Hope you are ok

Angel xx