PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Late Again!

Minstrel
04-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Sorry its nothing new i'm moaning about but i'm just soooo cross!

ALL FOUR parents are late paying! All Due on 1st (i'll accept monday because it fell on a W/e). I know its only two days late but its my hen night this weekend and will be a very sober affair if i dont get paid :(

Also two of these are weekly payers so will be due another payment soon too.

I'm off to issue reminder invoices! :angry:

Hebs
04-11-2009, 11:57 AM
i gave notice last night to a persistant late payer, felt relief for not having to stress about it anymore knowing the end is in sight :thumbsup:

Minstrel
04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Its so annoying isn't it? Thing is, with the wedding fast approaching i cant give notice to any till i get replacements. They are just so casual 'oh i forgot- must remember tomorrow' that i'm weak and just say 'oh ok'.

I'm loosing two soon anyway- one moving school and the other has mum going on maternity leave. :(

mama2three
04-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Im waiting for payment from the 1st too from one parent , but hoping she will have it tomorrow as shes usually promptish -- and college pays for the other parent , ive only just got septembers money never mind novembers!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I had this and insisted on a week in advance and then I wasn't always stressing. Alternatively say that you want paying on Friday for the next week, no money no care

Minstrel
04-11-2009, 02:50 PM
They do pay in advance. So weeklies have to pay on a monday and monthlies on the 1st. One is not so bad as she pays cash but the other weekly payer is cheque and now by the time i ge to cash it and it clears it will be about 2 weeks in arrears! :angry: I hate this bit of the job :(

Minstrel
04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
EVEN MORE HACKED OFF!!!!!

Two parents have both been and forgotten payment.

I def cannot go on my own hen night now. I could cry :(

Lou
04-11-2009, 06:14 PM
EVEN MORE HACKED OFF!!!!!

Two parents have both been and forgotten payment.

I def cannot go on my own hen night now. I could cry :(

Did you ask them about it??? what was the reason.....I personally would be going round to collect it, no way you should be missing out on such a big occasion because they cant be bothered!!!

I would ring them and say you want it first thing tomorrow or you will be adding late fees..(what does your contracts say?)

Oh and i would be telling the woman who pays by cheque that it has to be paid in full in cash tomorrow as it is now so late!!!!

miffy
04-11-2009, 06:19 PM
They do pay in advance. So weeklies have to pay on a monday and monthlies on the 1st. One is not so bad as she pays cash but the other weekly payer is cheque and now by the time i ge to cash it and it clears it will be about 2 weeks in arrears! :angry: I hate this bit of the job :(

Don't accept a cheque - they are late paying so tell them you want cash.

Miffy xx

Minstrel
04-11-2009, 06:32 PM
One left with a parting comment of 'so sorry i forgot the cheque (again) -i'll just add next weeks on to it for you'

Made it sound like she was doing me a favour!

The other txt me to say she would collect from school as finished work early. I still had to go to school and when she saw me didnt offer the money and i didnt feel i could ask due to standing in the middle of the playground with others about,

Am just about to call my DF- he is not going to be pleased :panic:

miffy
04-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I know it's really hard but sometimes you just have to tell people it's not on.

Phone them and say you need the payments for the weekend and as a cheque won't clear in time you would like cash tomorrow.

If you have a late payment fee - don't be afraid to use it. You have earned this money - if they hadn't got their wages they wouldn't be pleased so why should they expect you to be OK about it!

Sorry, don't mean to sound harsh but it makes me really mad when parents treat us like this!

Miffy xx

Minstrel
04-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I'll try :blush:

I'm great at giving the advice and i'd all be saying exactly the same as you if it were someone else but i'm a wuss when it comes to actually doing it myself!! :rolleyes: