PDA

View Full Version : update- nooooooooooo

tinynippers
04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
i went this morning to the office to ask about my CRB check and they say it was posted last week so they should receive it soon. its only taken them just over 2 months!!!!!

but..... out here you have to get a business licence as well. so i took my paperwork this morning. normally you give them the paperwork they send it of it takes about 2 maybe 3 months then they'll let you know once its arrived and you take your reg certificate to them as proof (as your not allowed to advertise or work before you have this licence) but the woman told me you now carnt apply for the licence untill you have your cetificate!!!! which has just added yet another 2/3 months on to the time before i can even start working now. i am really not happy and just feel like giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for rant. i love my hubby to bits but his response was you'll get there in the end...

LittleMissSparkles
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
oh Carla how frustrating for you , patience is a virtue in childminding , sending you a hug xxxx

Zoomie
04-11-2009, 01:30 PM
i went this morning to the office to ask about my CRB check and they say it was posted last week so they should receive it soon. its only taken them just over 2 months!!!!!

but..... out here you have to get a business licence as well. so i took my paperwork this morning. normally you give them the paperwork they send it of it takes about 2 maybe 3 months then they'll let you know once its arrived and you take your reg certificate to them as proof (as your not allowed to advertise or work before you have this licence) but the woman told me you now carnt apply for the licence untill you have your cetificate!!!! which has just added yet another 2/3 months on to the time before i can even start working now. i am really not happy and just feel like giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for rant. i love my hubby to bits but his response was you'll get there in the end...

What type of licence are you talking about and whereabout are you based. There are lots of cm on this site, and surely someone will be from the same area ??

tinynippers
04-11-2009, 01:32 PM
its a business licence. as i live on a raf camp in cyprus. xx

mama2three
04-11-2009, 02:50 PM
how frustrating carla. if youre on a raf base is it cypriot rules which apply or british? Must be quite confusing? good Luck with it all x

tinynippers
04-11-2009, 02:54 PM
on camp were classed as being in the uk but because the camp is on SBA (carnt remeber what that is) land there are a few extra rule i.e the business licence. its like ofsted have passed over insecption duites to the saffa (still same standards and just as nerve racking lol) it just takes a lot longer to reg in the uk . crb takes longer as well (uk or not) because i have so many addresses on the form. xxx

sarah707
04-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh Carla I'm sorry it's so silly and complicated for you!

Hopefully it will move a bit quicker soon x