PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

CherryBlossom
04-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I am just waiting for my CRB checks back, so started advertising obviously stating I am not reg yet. I have had a few replies-2 that I thought sounded ideal from both sides. I was really close by, have the space obv, can do the school run they need. Had things in common with Parent and had nice chat over email.

Then after a few emails of finding out more info-I have heard nothing back!
Do you think it is my fee's as i am charging no more than others in my area, in fact a little less for Full Timers. Everyone I here said not to sell myself short so I didn't want to go too cheap.

I have experience of looking after Children too.

Maybe i am not doing anything wrong, and there is a good enough reason. I am just getting worried as I could be starting end of this month and I really need the money!

x

Blaze
04-11-2009, 10:10 AM
It's probably just that you're not registered yet - don't worry - it's all good interview practice & you'll get mindees eventually!:)

CherryBlossom
04-11-2009, 10:52 AM
It's probably just that you're not registered yet - don't worry - it's all good interview practice & you'll get mindees eventually!:)

Thanks-hope you are right!

x

LittleMissSparkles
04-11-2009, 10:55 AM

i agree with Blaze, they are probably wanting child care to start in the near future and cant wait thats all xxxx

CherryBlossom
04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
i agree with Blaze, they are probably wanting child care to start in the near future and cant wait thats all xxxx

Well one of them didn't want it until end of year-and I should be reg by then so might be something else. Wish I could read peoples minds lol..would help to know if there was something putting them off!

No reg yet anyway, so shouldn't really worry too much x

Blaze
04-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Do you have pets? Some parents are put of by this...you need to sell them to parents sometimes. Just noticed you're in the south- east - do you mind me asking where?:)

CherryBlossom
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Do you have pets? Some parents are put of by this...you need to sell them to parents sometimes. Just noticed you're in the south- east - do you mind me asking where?:)

Yes, I do but this has not been mentioned yet-haven't got that far lol.
I live in Essex. I have one little girl I am waiting to look after but that is just part time.
I think sometimes people would prefer somebody who has been doing it for years.

x

Blaze
04-11-2009, 04:01 PM
You might also find that once you have one mindee - it'll suddenly take off - sometimes parents like to see that someone else has put there trust in you IYSWIM. :)

CherryBlossom
04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
You might also find that once you have one mindee - it'll suddenly take off - sometimes parents like to see that someone else has put there trust in you IYSWIM. :)

Yes def-thats a really good point. I think I would as a parent.
Anyway as I say I shouldn't really be moaning yet as not reg! I just know it can be hard to find work, and I want to do this so so much would be really upset if it didn't work out

x