PDA

View Full Version : my first sick day as cm

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 08:40 AM
have an appointment at 10.30 with the GP

I have all the signs of swine flu with fever up to 39.4C last night.
they think it still could be an upper respiratory infection but I wont know until I get checked...

have been feeling rotten all night and also worried about not being able to look after the children today

my 2 main mindees' (brother and sister) mum said dad will be with the kids but for me to phone him and keep him up to date to tell him if i can still take them at some point today !!:eek:
not sure if I want to...or if I would be allowed to have them when unwell...
this is my only problem with these parents...there jobs are so important to them that they dont want to miss a single day...ever!

LOOPYLISA
04-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Hope your feeling better soon x

LittleStar's
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Same name lol!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon, don't let them pressure you into having the children, if your ill your ill .

Jenna x x x

PixiePetal
04-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Parents do my head in over illnesses. Do they really want their kids to catch the lurgy, to say nothing of you feeling so ill :rolleyes:

Hope your day improves and you start feeling better. Tough on them if you can't work, if you are ill, you are ill, end of!

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 09:17 AM
you are right pixiepetal...but I just hate letting them down..

I also think I actually caught it off their dd...she has been unwell too..
they had her at the doctor's on friday...but not as bad as I am..

PixiePetal
04-11-2009, 09:22 AM
you are right pixiepetal...but I just hate letting them down..

I also think I actually caught it off their dd...she has been unwell too..
they had her at the doctor's on friday...but not as bad as I am..

Even more reason to have the day off and get better :)

Just noticed you are in Glasgow - my brother moved at the weekend to his girlfriend in Blantyre. So far away - I am near Brighton!! My baby brother (41!)

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 09:23 AM
I am really close to Blantyre...DP works there and it is about a 10 minute drive from here!!

You should come up for a visit!

PixiePetal
04-11-2009, 09:26 AM
I am really close to Blantyre...DP works there and it is about a 10 minute drive from here!!

You should come up for a visit!

If we come up to see him I will be in touch :thumbsup: Brother will be job hunting next week - fingers crossed for him.

Blaze
04-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Get well soon - & don't hesitate to take the full day /however long you need off - took me a long time to learn that lesson!:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

The Juggler
04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Hope you're OK. Get well soon.

helenlc
04-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Take the whole day off - relax!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks

I have taken the day off...
and as GP says I have swine flu I am trying to find out how long I need to stay closed...there seems no good answer out there..

Alibali
04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Even more reason to have the day off and get better :)

Just noticed you are in Glasgow - my brother moved at the weekend to his girlfriend in Blantyre. So far away - I am near Brighton!! My baby brother (41!)

I grew up in Blantyre! I now live a mile outside Blantyre too! Is his partner a local girl? I'm nearly 41 too so might know her if she is:D

Alibali
04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Nicole, rest as much as you need to and don't be pressured into going back too early, it's a really nasty bug.

Take care and Get well soon.

miffy
04-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh poor you - hope you'll soon be feeling much better.

Forget the parents - you need to look after yourself now

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
04-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I grew up in Blantyre! I now live a mile outside Blantyre too! Is his partner a local girl? I'm nearly 41 too so might know her if she is:D

Think she is local, about the same age too. Might have been in East Kilbride at some point. I have only met her a couple of times, my brother met her 'online', it has been a long distance relationship, not easy, meeting up when they can for the past 2 and half years. She is lovely and brother is very happy - at last!

moogster1a
04-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I always thought that with proper flu you literally coiuldn't get out of bed or do anything. can swine flu be like a bad cold then, but with an official name?

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 04:30 PM
well I literally couldnt get out of bed last night I had a temp of 39.4 bad muscle and joint aches, sore head and neck..bad caugh...now with meds its better thankfully

they say though swine flu currently is quite mild...