PDA

View Full Version : Other jobs...?

Helen Dempster
03-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Hello. Do any of you have other jobs, or is childminding your main source of income (and I use the word loosely) HA HA

Helen x

TheBTeam
03-11-2009, 10:35 PM
No other income, both dh and I are childminders, so we have all of our eggs in one basket!

We didn't plan it this way, but dh could not find another job, and I could not have him doing nothing!

It's a small world
03-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I work in a restaurant in a hotel. Have done for a year but have taken on 3 mindees in last 2 weeks so Im now full and hoping to give notice this week. as think working from 8-10/11pm is going to be too much..I someiomes work 2-3 nights a week and this includes weekends so no time for paperwork have to do house work ie ironing around this. Although went in tonight and found out 2 girls handed their notice in so mine is not going to go down well at all. Bit of an income and know mindees might not last forever but doing both is going to be too much as well as having my own 6yr old and 2 yr old who do not sleep ill be shattered so bye bye hotel......

Chatterbox Childcare
03-11-2009, 11:11 PM
This keeps me busy enough so it is my only one.

When I first started and before I was established I worked night filling in Asda

Helen Dempster
03-11-2009, 11:49 PM
No other income, both dh and I are childminders, so we have all of our eggs in one basket!

We didn't plan it this way, but dh could not find another job, and I could not have him doing nothing!

I would LOVE for my dh to work alongside me as a CM - but somehow I don't think he'd agree to it...his patience with the kids runs out after...oh, 5 seconds! LOL :laughing:

Helen Dempster
03-11-2009, 11:51 PM
I work in a restaurant in a hotel. Have done for a year but have taken on 3 mindees in last 2 weeks so Im now full and hoping to give notice this week. as think working from 8-10/11pm is going to be too much..I someiomes work 2-3 nights a week and this includes weekends so no time for paperwork have to do house work ie ironing around this. Although went in tonight and found out 2 girls handed their notice in so mine is not going to go down well at all. Bit of an income and know mindees might not last forever but doing both is going to be too much as well as having my own 6yr old and 2 yr old who do not sleep ill be shattered so bye bye hotel......

OMG - you really must be a superwoman to do all that...I'm never going to moan about being tired again!!! That's amazing! :eek:

grindal
04-11-2009, 07:10 AM
I gave up teaching as an assistant head to stay at home with DS1 and 2 and started minding. I mark GCSE and A'level exam papers - but is very seasonal. Only available in Jan and June/July.

youarewhatyoueat
04-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I clean holiday cottages and work in a mobile creche when needed.

Ripeberry
04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
I do around 20hrs of admin work for my husband in the evenings and weekends and at the moment this is my main income, but the CM money is coming in handy :)

mandy moo
04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I clean holiday cottages and work in a mobile creche when needed.

Mobile creche what a good idea, how does it work?
sorry to hi jack the thread,
You are what you eat, PM me if you prefer, really would like to know more :D

Pudding Girl
04-11-2009, 10:17 AM
No I don't work other than Cming. It's a full time business for me and I need to earn the income. Last week I worked 50 hours.

DH works full time out of the home although I am thinking about getting him put on as an assistant as I work Saturdays and he is here, he may as well work :clapping: :thumbsup: :D

Hebs
04-11-2009, 10:20 AM
childminding is my only job, i work 14 hour days sometimes :laughing:

i have a little one here today who has been here since monday tea time and doesn't go home til tomorrow night :D

balijay
04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi I also have 2 other jobs as well as cm - one is an office admin job 16hrs a week which I am just about to give up but I also work as a care support worker 6-11pm roughly 8-10 nights a month. Its hard as I have 2 children of my own as well but until cm picks up a bit more this is the way it has to be! :)

Jelly Baby
04-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi i have another job (start at 6am cleaning)..i also clean privately on sats too!..i worked out my weekly hours are now 47! I enjoy it but am cream crackered come the evenings!..i have pretty quiet days though with my mindee and do school runs more so can't moan!

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Childminding is the only thing I do ...but that is enough for me!
I have mindees Mo-Fr from 7.40-18.00
then I have to do the cleaning and cooking preparations ( I do most in advance and batch cook)...plan activities..do my accounts..etc etc.
and I have my dd to think about as well..oh and dp too of course...
so that is as much as I can handle at the moment!!

helenlc
04-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I childmind 46 hours a week then there's accounts, planning, writing up obs etc.

Plus I have 2 children of my own - one of whom plays football and so has training twice a week and a game on Sundays.

I am also on my DDs school PTA which keeps me busy all year round.

Plus I run 2 toddler groups.

And the house.

And organise the hubby as he has a brain like a sieve!:laughing:

So not much time for anything else!!!:D

carolinel
04-11-2009, 02:32 PM
My other job is co-hosting events for a paranormal company! I work fri/sat nights, sometimes both, usually from about 9pm till I collapse in bed at about 6am!! I love it!