PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspection & my own children

sfox2003
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Just a quick question, I have an 8 month old son. I will be having my ofsted registration inspection in this next few weeks. Should I arrange for someone else to look after my son or should I keep him here with me? I know that it can be quite legnthy & my son can often be demanding. Would it look better me keeping him with me or would I be better without distraction?

Thanks

Sarah

TheBTeam
03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Will you have other mindees with you, if it really will be a nightmare with him and other mindees, and you have someone else willing to take him out of the equation then I would.

When I had my inspection last I got my dh (before he worked with me) to take my two children who were around 5 and 8 out!:blush:

sfox2003
03-11-2009, 10:12 PM
No I wont have any other children with me, just my son. Wondered if it would look bad if I sent him with someone else - you know like I couldnt cope???? Just worried I wont be able to think straight, but then i suppose thats how it will be at all other inspections.

Thanks

Sarah

Cazz
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Is it your inspection to become registered? If so, its really nothing to worry about and I'm sure the inspector won't mind if you have to see to your son. My inspector spent most of the time tapping away on her laptop and talking to me in between - it was more like a friendly chat - she was really nice.

Having said that my mum looked after my 3 children as the inspector was coming at lunchtime and I didn't want to be distracted, but it wouldn't have been a problem if they had been there.

Good luck with it - it's honestly nothing to worry about.

grindal
04-11-2009, 04:42 AM
My own children were here for my pre reg and my first grading inspection. The inspectors are used to working with children - I do not think it makes any difference if they are your own or minded.

miffy
04-11-2009, 07:53 AM
The inspector is there to help and advise you at this visit as well as check things are in order. I'm sure you will be fine to keep your son with you but also that it won't reflect badly on you if you ask someone else to look after him for a few hours.

Do whatever you will find least stressful :)

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
04-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I had my two girls with me (then 6yr old and 3yr old) and they did play up a bit, but also I think it's good for the inspector to see how you deal with your own kids. My eldest did keep asking the inspector when she was going home :eek:
And kept trying to get the inspector to look at what they were 'doing'.
The inspection was for 3hrs and yes I did get a bit muddle headed at times, but the inspector understood :thumbsup:
Just do whatever is easiest for you.

AliceK
07-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I had both my children at my pre-reg, my DD was then 19mths old and my DS was nearly 5. DS spent most of the time upstairs playing in his room except for the time he came downstairs with no pants or trousers on because he had "had a toilet and forgotten to put them back on" :laughing: . I think the inspector saw the funny side although she left Ofsted shortly after inspecting me :eek:

xxxx