PDA

View Full Version : Book Storage/Display Rack

Louise_Oaktree
03-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I am thinking of getting a wall mountable book rack type thingy to put all my under 5's picture books on so they can have easy access to them on a daily basis. I also think it will look good on a spare bit of wall that I have but won't take up too much space.

Anyone any ideas on where I can get something like this?

Blaze
03-11-2009, 04:45 PM
MM do a wooden one - GLTC do them or you can get a wire version from places like NES Arnold.

HTH:)

jumpinjen
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I saw a nice home made one, done with a curtain pole and a sewn pocket that slid onto the pole and was the length of the pole, with the books slotted in.... it only came out about 3 " from the wall and was mounted at the child's height.

I have also seen guttering used (painted a nicer shade than it comes), mounted with the normal brackets and the books rested in it. i think this type would be better over some sort of low storage unit though as if the babies leaned on it, it might come down..... drainpipe could also be fixed down with screws to the top of a low unit, near the back.

I use a basket on the floor for my little ones to flip through, and i also have a wooden plate display rack, from a shop clearance, that i put a row of books in one behind the otehr for a theme.

Hope that helps, jenni:)

miss mopple
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I have this and I love it :thumbsup:

http://www.tidy-books.com/categories/bookcases/

miffy
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I have this and I love it :thumbsup:

http://www.tidy-books.com/categories/bookcases/

That is lovely! I am sooooo jealous :laughing:

Miffy xx

manjay
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I have a wire one and find the books are much more appealing when the children can see the front cover. I got mine from SBS in a sale and it cost me about £5 so my advice would be wait for a sale:D

Blaze
03-11-2009, 06:50 PM
That is lovely! I am sooooo jealous :laughing:

Miffy xx

That's the same one that MM do - for cheaper!:thumbsup: