PDA

View Full Version : mindee crying when back home...

Blackhorse
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I have mindee 15months old 3 days a week

he has been with me for 2 months now

he has now started to cry when back home with mum.
I drop him off at mums house on the way back from school run as this makes it easier for both of us.

I also pick him up in the morning on the way to school...
at handover he is ok ...he doesnt cry with me...at all actually

but as soon as mum gets him into the house he starts crying and has temper tantrums for about 30-45 minutes...

any ideas why?? Does this mean he is not settled with me properly?? Is there anything I can do??

thanks

helenlc
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
My 3 yr old mindee used to do this when I dropped him home.

I took it as a compliment - he obviously had such a fun day with me that he didnt want to go home again!!!:D

TheBTeam
03-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I have one that actively says 'no' and pulls away to come into my house when mum comes to get him, and gives his mum a nightmare of a time about leaving, he is almost 2 1/4!!

At least it means he is happy, not sure how i would feel if i was mum though!

sarah707
03-11-2009, 06:08 PM
It's fairly common - it's their way of punishing parents for being sent away all day...

It doesn't matter how much fun they've had or how happy they have been with you.

Tell mum it happens all the time and it's a phase.

Hth :D

mandy moo
04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I have one that actively says 'no' and pulls away to come into my house when mum comes to get him, and gives his mum a nightmare of a time about leaving, he is almost 2 1/4!!

At least it means he is happy, not sure how i would feel if i was mum though!

My mindee is 27 mths he is the same, 'No go home, stay with Luke and Sean' (my 2 boys)
I do feel for mum, It must be a funny feeling when you child 'doesnt want to go home'

Hebs
04-11-2009, 11:28 AM
i have 3 mindees like this :thumbsup:

2 year old has to be pinned down to get shoes and coat on,

3 year old cries and plays up

10 year old openly tells mum to go home

so it's not just the little ones who do this :laughing:

loocyloo
04-11-2009, 12:10 PM
i have a 12mth old, who cries as soon as she sees daddy at pick up time.

the other week i dropped her home as it was convienent for me to do so, and when daddy opened the front door she screamed, and i had to peel her off me to give her to daddy!

luckily daddy takes it as a sign she loves coming to play with us :D

i have another (2 1/2 yr) who screams in the morning when he knows its the day to come to me, and wants to stay at home, and then screams when back home as he wants to be back at my house !!!