PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Teds query

solly
03-11-2009, 01:32 PM
My mindees mum brought the phil & Teds pushchair round yesterday for me and i used it the first time this morning and i love it :clapping: its so easy to push even up hill.

My query is i have a 2yr old mindee who is quite lightweight and a 1 yr old mindee who is quite solid
I know you are supposed to put the youngest in the bottom but do you still do this if the youngest is the heavier child or do i put the older one in the bottom.

I am now going to have a clear out and get rid of all my other buggies apart from my triple and basic stroller

amirose
03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
My mindees mum brought the phil & Teds pushchair round yesterday for me and i used it the first time this morning and i love it :clapping: its so easy to push even up hill.

My query is i have a 2yr old mindee who is quite lightweight and a 1 yr old mindee who is quite solid
I know you are supposed to put the youngest in the bottom but do you still do this if the youngest is the heavier child or do i put the older one in the bottom.

I am now going to have a clear out and get rid of all my other buggies apart from my triple and basic stroller

The heavier child must go ontop otherwise theres a (small) risk it could tip. The backseat is suitable up to 3 years :thumbsup:
P.S re the tipping thing also happens if your a bit of a muppet and try and put the child in the backseat first :blush: In fairness to myself I am used to strapping youngest in first for safety reasons!!!!

They are a dream to push aren't they wouldn't have anything else now :clapping:

solly
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for that, I usually strap the youngest in first im my other buggy as you say for safety reasons but will remember that for tomorrow.:)

I love it i couldn't believe how easy it is to push even up hill, its the only pushchair i will use from now on as i dont drive so haven't got to woory about fitting it in the car.
I may eventually change the covers i have a black one but i love the apple green one just to be a bit different and i see you can replace all the covers etc.:)

Hebs
03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
i love my apple green one :clapping:

i care for 3 LO's all roughly the same weight despite being different ages and i rotate them so the same one isn't stuck in the bottom :thumbsup:

even though they all love sitting in the bottom :laughing:

singlewiththree
03-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I've not always put the heaviest in the main seat however that is what the manufaturer says, on the nursery run on the way the mindee sleeps in the main seat there is no way I am going to wake him up at nursery to put him in the back so when DD has had enough of walking she just climbs in the back. She knows she has to get out before I get mindee out otherwise it will tip

balloon
03-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I've tipped one back when putting the heavier child in the back!:eek:

Child was only 2kg heavier than than the one on front and I didn't think it would make a difference...

Luckily it wasn't a disaster as I was holding it with 2 hands and quickly rectified the tip, but it was so scary and put me off using it for months!