PDA

View Full Version : Are we starting week 1 again Angel?

Spangles
02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
The title says it all!

Just wondered if any of us are starting from week 1 again tomorrow? Ha ha!

(I wonder how many week 1's we can have in 2008?)

I'm planning on starting again tomorrow anyway!

Rubybubbles
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
can I join back in with you too lorri please:D

Spangles
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
The more the merrier!

Minnie Minx
02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I think last year week one started every few weeks lol. I'm not losing any weight but i am losing inches so i'm quite pleased. I've had to take my trousers "in" twice in the last 5 weeks :clapping: :clapping:

xxx

charleyfarley
02-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Well done Theresa :clapping: :clapping:

I'll join in to if that's ok Lorri?

I really need to stick to it this time though

Carol xx

Spangles
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Tell me about it Carol!

Have you got any ideas how we can be encouraged to stick to it this time?

What about having a time of say 8 weeks and see who's lost the most pounds and they get something for it but I wouldn't have a clue what though!

I need something to make it fun and a challenge!

Lou
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
im deffo in again as of tomorrow!!!! have eaten and drank far too much this last few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 weeks till hols so thats my motivation x

Banana
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Ive got about 16 weeks til my holiday,,, everytime I eat anything I am thinking about walking around in summer in nice girly summery clothes and its helping - so is the hoodia.

Was a bit of a rubbish day yesterday, didnt take any hoodia and I did eat a bit of crap tbh.

But back on it today and doing well.

I am in total 5.5lbs lighter - I think I need to be exercising though, Im not doing enough and I need to be doing it

Hope you are all off to a good start this week!

x

Twinkles
03-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Ive got about 16 weeks til my holiday,,, everytime I eat anything I am thinking about walking around in summer in nice girly summery clothes and its helping - so is the hoodia.

Was a bit of a rubbish day yesterday, didnt take any hoodia and I did eat a bit of crap tbh.

But back on it today and doing well.

I am in total 5.5lbs lighter - I think I need to be exercising though, Im not doing enough and I need to be doing it

Hope you are all off to a good start this week!

x

I started the hoodia on Friday and it works!! So far anyway.:D

Tatia
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Are you guys doing a certain diet or just doing your own thing and supporting each other? *sigh* I used to be so teensy, even after 3 kids. Then along came my last DD and I went on Depo Provera so I could breast feed and bam, gained about 3 stone AFTER she was born. :angry: Now I'm off the Depo and looking for some support. I've tried Slimming World, which is great but I don't have any free time at the moment. Managed to lose a stone last year but have gained it all back during Xmas.

I'd love to join y'all if that's okay?

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes we are all doing our own thing

But trying to support each other

Feel free to join us and have a moan when you are feeling hungry etc

Angel xx

deeb66
04-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Well I am on day 2 of my liquid diet and although I am not hungry my head is thumping and I have started to get the shakes.

I was warned that this would happen but I really don't feel too good at all.

I am getting ratty, short tempered, shaky, tired and as I said have a thumping headache.......but my consultant has told me that I will probably feel like this between days 2 & 4 :eek:

To top it all off I have got to go out to a meeting tonight which I really can't cancel as it is to do with my role as a Support Minder.

Tatia
04-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Gosh, I really respect what you're trying to do. I get nasty just from cutting certain foods out of my diet, let alone going liquid.:eek:

I can only wish you the very best, most heartfelt wises for success. And ummm, has anyone warned your support buddies yet?!:D

Minnie Minx
04-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Well I am on day 2 of my liquid diet and although I am not hungry my head is thumping and I have started to get the shakes.

I was warned that this would happen but I really don't feel too good at all.

I am getting ratty, short tempered, shaky, tired and as I said have a thumping headache.......but my consultant has told me that I will probably feel like this between days 2 & 4 :eek:

To top it all off I have got to go out to a meeting tonight which I really can't cancel as it is to do with my role as a Support Minder.

Oh dee!! liquid diet :eek: :eek: :eek: is it the cambridge one you're doing?

Doesn't the weight come back on when you start eating normal food again or do you have liquid for the rest of your life?

Good luck and i hope the headaches go soon, you're one tough lady to do such a drastic diet - http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-023.gif

xxx

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 08:12 PM
To be honest I think you can put on weight easy after a diet whatever diet you do

Every time I have a good weight loss I get over confident and for a while I do not want to eat - and I do not start putting the weight back on

But then I start to eat a little more - then I put some weight on

Before I know it ive put it all back on and more

How the hell does that happen

Its so unfair

The secret is knowing and understanding that healthy eating and cutting down on the junk is not just for when your on a diet but its for LIFE if you want to stay slim

xx

deeb66
05-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh dee!! liquid diet :eek: :eek: :eek: is it the cambridge one you're doing?

Doesn't the weight come back on when you start eating normal food again or do you have liquid for the rest of your life?

Good luck and i hope the headaches go soon, you're one tough lady to do such a drastic diet - http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-023.gif

xxx

Hi Theresa

Yes it is the Cambridge diet.

I am now on day 3.....I feel a bit better this morning as I have had some coffee because I think the headaches and shakes were down to caffeine withdrawal.

I am allowed to drink coffee but it has to be black which I am not a lover of but had some last night and this morning and will try and cut it down slowly rather than all at once!

Yes it is quite drastic but I am sick and tired of saying I will loose weight and don't....I give myself permission to eat something as 'it really doesn't hurt' which to be honest it does because it ends up destroying the day or the week!............I am sure that everyone has been in the same position before.

I know that I have had a lot going on in my life in the last year but I am now heavier than I have ever been and to be honest I am so unhappy about my weight that I have got to the point of having to do something drastic.

I don't know if I will manage to stick to it (I am not going to say that I definately will because every time I go on a diet I end up breaking it!) but at this point I am pretty determined.

Angel is right in that no matter what diet you do when you come off it if you eat more than you should or too many of the wrong things you will put on weight.............I am living proof of that!.......over the last 10 years I have pretty much done most of the diets that are out there and achieved success with most of them but at this point in my life I am classed as Morbidly Obese :(

What i will have to do when I am getting fairly close to my target is to re-introduce foods slowly and combine healthy eating with the Cambridge until I stabalise.

If I find the diet workes for me I suspect that I will probably end up staying on a form of it for the rest of my life.........what I am hoping that I will be able to do is to continue with the liquids during the day and then eat an evening meal with the family.

Tatia
05-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I wish you all the strength, support and luck in the world. There was a mum at the school who has been on Cambridge and her results were amazing. She allowed herself one fab meal at the week end but otherwise stuck to it. Not sure if she's started to re-introduce solids yet or not.

My biggest challenge is that as soon as I have a bit of success I think "cool, I deserve a treat for that" and then undo all my hard work. Self-sabotaging and I can't figure out why because nobody wants me to lose weight as much I want me to lose weight!:rolleyes:

deeb66
05-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I wish you all the strength, support and luck in the world. There was a mum at the school who has been on Cambridge and her results were amazing. She allowed herself one fab meal at the week end but otherwise stuck to it. Not sure if she's started to re-introduce solids yet or not.

My biggest challenge is that as soon as I have a bit of success I think "cool, I deserve a treat for that" and then undo all my hard work. Self-sabotaging and I can't figure out why because nobody wants me to lose weight as much I want me to lose weight!:rolleyes:

Thanks Tatia

Yes that is exactly my problem hence the reason I am probably heavier than what I was in January when I promised myself I was going to loose the weight!

Hopefully we can all try and loose some weight together......my summer holiday is booked and I don't want to be the whale on the beach again!!!

angeldelight
05-03-2008, 05:16 PM
How you feeling today Dee ?

Angel xx

deeb66
05-03-2008, 05:21 PM
How you feeling today Dee ?

Angel xx

A little better today Angel as I have had a couple cups of coffee.....convinced that it was due to caffeine withdrawal why I felt so awful yesterday.

I am tired but then that is lack of sleep last night!

My Consultant did warn me that I would feel pretty awful in days 2-4 but am surprised at how much better I feel today.

I am surprised that I am not hungry either :thumbsup:

The last solid food I had was on Sunday.

I am drinking at least 8 pints of water a day plus Red Bush tea and black coffee so my belly is probably full due to that!

I did struggle a bit at tea time as I did jacket potato with chicken fillets in crumb and sweet corn which I really love and the smell was getting to me a bit but I have gone round with the can of air freshner to get rid of the smell :D

How is your diet going this week?

angeldelight
05-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Does it feel strange not eating anything solid though ?

Angel xx

Twinkles
05-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Well done dee. i don't think I could cope with no solid food, I admire your resolve.
I have lost four pounds since friday ( yeah I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day) but I'm cheating , I'm taking hoodia to help.

deeb66
05-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Well done dee. i don't think I could cope with no solid food, I admire your resolve.
I have lost four pounds since friday ( yeah I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day) but I'm cheating , I'm taking hoodia to help.

Well done Twinkles.

It doesn't matter how you are doing it.........just good that you are :thumbsup:

angeldelight
05-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Well done Twinkles

That is brill

Angel xx

deeb66
05-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Does it feel strange not eating anything solid though ?

Angel xx

Yes and no......just like a woman to not make up her mind:D

At the moment not eating anything solid is actually helping me because I know what I am having...I know that I have to have breakfast, lunch & dinner.....it only takes 5 mins to make and consume which is absolutely perfect during the day because never have the time/chance to eat properly anyway.

I miss not sitting down with everyone else at dinner but I also know that usually what happens is that I eat dinner (eat with the kids at 4.45 - 5.00) and then if I am honest I probably don't stop eating until I close my eyes and go to sleep :panic:

By not allowing myself to actually use my teeth I think is helping at the moment but then ask me the same question next week and I might be giving you a different answer :D

When you buy the food packs you have a choice of soup or milkshake....now I am a soup sort of person but not overly keen on milkshakes so I chose more soups as I thought they would suit me better.

I have to say that I am enjoying some of the flavours of the milkshakes but really not liking the soups as no matter what I do I can't get rid of any lumps (hate lumps!) and it still tastes powdery :panic: Yesterday i went to drink the soup but nearly ended up heaving as it was both powdery and lumpy.

I have decided to give the soups a miss for the moment and drink the milkshakes......fortunately my Consultant did say that she would change any that I didn't like so think I will be taking the soups back and swapping for milkshake.

They do do quite a few flavours and tonight I am having chocolate mint but instead of adding cold water to make a milkshake I might add hot to make a hot chocolate......

Fortunat

Tatia
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm having an Options hot chocolate w mint right now. *raises mugs to clink with Deb* Cheers!