PDA

View Full Version : Only my 2nd day and not working!

Cazz
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
My oldest dd was sick early this morning so I phoned the parents of the mindees I should have had today, gave them the option of still bringing the children (as dd is old enough to be upstairs out of the way) and I didn't want to mess them around as the mum only started back yesterday after maternity leave! Anyway, the dad managed to swap shifts with someone so he could look after the lo's, he was really nice about it and thanked me for letting them know she was ill :thumbsup:

Just as well really as ds was about to go out of the door to school when he rushed to the toilet and was sick :( So I have both of them in bed and Megan is not completely well either - she has had congestion and a cough for 2 weeks now and it is disturbing her sleep, so I may try and take her to the doctors later when dh comes home from work.

I really enjoyed my first day minding yesterday even though it was a bit hectic at times with 7 children (inset day) and wish I was working again today but I've got loads of things I should be doing :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll all be immune to tummy bugs for the rest of the winter now - fingers crossed!

Minstrel
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Poor things!

These things cant be helped and luckily you seem to have understanding parents.

Snuggle up warm and hope everone is feeling better soon xxx

sarah707
03-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I hope they are all feeling better soon xx

LittleMissSparkles
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
hope they are all feeling better soon xxx

and 7 children at once OMG :eek: on your first day too xxx

Pudding Girl
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
oh no, always happens at the worst times eh?

Hope everyones well soon

miffy
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank goodness the parents understood!

Hope everyone's soon feeling much better

Miffy xx

Cazz
03-11-2009, 10:23 PM
hope they are all feeling better soon xxx

and 7 children at once OMG :eek: on your first day too xxx

I know - nothing like jumping in at the deep end! :laughing:

They weren't all mindees - 3 were my own children and 1 was my nephew but even so they all made noise and needed feeding etc!! My oldest dd was a star and helped looked after her little sister while I settled the mindees in!

Anyway, I survived that first day so the rest should be much calmer and easier!

I was due to have another lady round tomorrow morning about looking after her baby on a Friday but I phoned her and gave her the option of still coming as older two will still be off school. She was lovely and really understanding and has re-arranged for next Wednesday as she is pregnant and doesn't want to risk catching a bug.

Thanks for all your kind wishes - I think they're over the worst now and I'm keeping everything crossed that I don't come down with it again :panic: