PDA

View Full Version : Lindam Extending Metal Gate

kelzunique
03-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Anybody got one of these? the screw fit ones? What do you make of it? Thining of getting one.

haribo
03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
ive just got a puppy one - not much help sorry . i have a new pup and wanted to divide living /dining room . its a outdoor one as no indoor one would fit and eventually its going outside to restrict access to the garden. its well made in general except the screw fittings are plastic and quite flimsey .. dont kow about the baby one though :blush:

FizzysFriends
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
I had one at the top of my stairs for years and it was good, solid, easy to clean and never looked used.

Curly Quavers
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I have had one at the top of my stairs for years (5 anyway) still looks new and very solid.

They were selling them in ASDA for £9.00 last week. so I bought an other to replace the gate at the bottom (looks much nicer)

grindal
04-11-2009, 04:47 AM
I have one of these too - was the first gate we bought and has moved from front room to dining room and is now on the kitchen! The only problem we had was when we fitted it on the stairs - the pressure was pushing the banisters apart - so we had to fix a screw fit gate.

singingcactus
04-11-2009, 07:25 AM
I use them too. They are fine. The only complaint I have about them is the 'sticky out bit' that holds the gate shut is right at kiddie eye level if it gets left open, which can be scary. And the 'sticky out bit' at the bottom can whip a toe nail off quick as you like :laughing: if you are a bit careless like me and don't look where you are walking.

Pauline
26-03-2010, 09:28 AM
We've got one and I love it, it is at the top of the stairs and I felt that it was much safer being fixed to the wall than the pressure/tension ones which often come loose over time and I was worried that, even with regular checks, they could come away and make a child fall down the stairs if they leaned on it.

The fixing was easy and only took about 15 minutes and one screwdriver :thumbsup:

Graham
26-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I have put one of these in the Forum Shop, thanks to Red Dragon who sent us a link, its £13.09 with free postage.

Here's the link:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/B002GKC0L4

Fabby
26-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I have put one of these in the Forum Shop, thanks to Red Dragon who sent us a link, its £13.09 with free postage.

Here's the link:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/B002GKC0L4

are these ones that you dont have to screw into the stair bannister does anyone know? we have just had a new bannister fitted and if i can do without screwing a stair gate into it then i would prefer that?
if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be great! cheers

Pauline
26-03-2010, 11:27 AM
are these ones that you dont have to screw into the stair bannister does anyone know? we have just had a new bannister fitted and if i can do without screwing a stair gate into it then i would prefer that?
if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be great! cheers

Yes they are - the original poster (kelzunique) was asking if anyone had used them and what they thought of the screw to wall type. :)

Curly Quavers
26-03-2010, 11:41 AM
That is a good deal they are still over £17 in ASDA but £13.99 in Argos only thing is you either have to go get it or pay nearly £6.00 for delivery.

Amazon :clapping: :clapping: