PDA

View Full Version : meds and calpol

charliegee
02-11-2009, 10:58 PM
hello all

my inspection is looming and I'm going though everything with a fine tooth comb as it were and had a quick question on meds....!:blush:

with regards to calpol (or similar)....I have in my policies that I will administer (if I have permission to do so) but I will not routinely give it, but will in the event that it is to eg keep a child's temperature down. My policy states that if a child is needing calpol on a regular basis then they are not well enough to attend the setting and are best at home - and also to protect other mindees.

(is this okay?):blush:

If I were to administer eg calpol - I would ring the parents and ask for email / text to confirm they are happy for me to administer (as I have permission to do) and I would record time and dose and details of permission in my medication folder

I ask parents to provide sachets of calpol (ie in original containers)

is this all correct

just checking...we can still give non prescription medicine can't we? (ie if we follow the above process?)

...or is my process wrong?!

sorry for rambling...but you guys always are so helpful!

xxxxxxx

tammerisk
03-11-2009, 06:13 AM
this what i do and i had my inspection begining of the year and it was fine then so i sure you will be ok

sarah707
03-11-2009, 07:44 AM
sounds fine to me! :D

miffy
03-11-2009, 07:47 AM
It's exactly what I would do too

Miffy xx

angeldelight
03-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Sounds great you are on the ball :clapping:

Angel xx

youarewhatyoueat
03-11-2009, 08:33 AM
sounds fine but I also say I won't give any cough medicine

Chatterbox Childcare
03-11-2009, 09:13 AM
only one wee bit there. If you say to keep the temperature down, this is a bit generic. You wouldn't want to mask something just because of a temperature and would need a cause.

I know what you are trying to say but if it was in a policy it is a bit wholly and they may pick you up on it.

Good luck with the inspection.