PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I'm ready?

maisiemog
02-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey,

Well I am now at the point where I'm ready to start advertising for mindees and wondered if I'm organised enough? I think I have all my policies and procedures in place. I'm working on a parent pack. I've put stairgates up etc and all the relevant safety stuff. I've brought one of the argos basic pine shelving units and put plastic boxes of toys on that which I'm going to rotate around every few days so the children can access them.

I just wondered what I actually need to get now. It's the little things that I need help with that I probablyu haven't even thought of yet. I am quite lucky that a friend of mine recently downsized and gave me loads of toys so I have older and boyish toys ready.

Also, I am wondering just how tidy does my house need to be? The main areas are fine, as obviously I need them to be safe for my daughter. It's just the bedrooms which are a bit chaotic. The mindees will only go into them to sleep when they'll be in a travel cot. Also when parents come round do I need to show them EVERY room in my house? I didnt like Mrs ofsted snooping so I really dont want complete strangers who may not even use me in all the private areas of my home.

Any other tips to make sure I'm defo ready???

karenandsmile
02-11-2009, 09:20 PM
if you have rooms that are not used for childminding you dont have to show the parents you can also put a pock on the top of the door so they cant get in there and you wont have to worry so much ofstead are nosy but they can be even if you dont use that room but as ong as that room is locked it can be messy lol

Pipsqueak
02-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey,

Well I am now at the point where I'm ready to start advertising for mindees and wondered if I'm organised enough? I think I have all my policies and procedures in place. I'm working on a parent pack. I've put stairgates up etc and all the relevant safety stuff. I've brought one of the argos basic pine shelving units and put plastic boxes of toys on that which I'm going to rotate around every few days so the children can access them.

I just wondered what I actually need to get now. It's the little things that I need help with that I probablyu haven't even thought of yet. I am quite lucky that a friend of mine recently downsized and gave me loads of toys so I have older and boyish toys ready.

Have you a selection of craft type stuff - paper, pencils, crayons chalks, craft materials -glues sellotape etc

What about your outside area?

Dressing up or imaginary whateveryouwantittobe materials?

just a few suggestions

Also, I am wondering just how tidy does my house need to be? The main areas are fine, as obviously I need them to be safe for my daughter. It's just the bedrooms which are a bit chaotic. The mindees will only go into them to sleep when they'll be in a travel cot. Also when parents come round do I need to show them EVERY room in my house? I didnt like Mrs ofsted snooping so I really dont want complete strangers who may not even use me in all the private areas of my home.
Tidy??? whats that???? lol - so long as you are clean and 'safe' tidy not a problem. One of my parents told me that she choose me because I was down on the floor playing with the kids, there were toys out and being played with, and there was stuff on the walls and I wasn't a 'clinical' environment

I don't show the parents every single room and I certainly don't show them the kids rooms even though they are registered!
Any other tips to make sure I'm defo ready???

Tips - well I hope the above helps a bit.
Put your professional and business head on at all times
Be confident and believe in yourself
Read your EYFS, look at National Strategies and similar sites for ideas - in other words look at your own professional development

and above all - relax and ENJOY (being paid to play all day)