PDA

View Full Version : attendance register

It's a small world
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi
(
I have an attendance file as does everyone (or at least most) Anyway I have two brothers but they have different surnames due to different dads. Can I put them on the same attendance sheet or do they have to be seperate as diff names even though brothers? Does that make sense?

miffy
02-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I only have one attendance sheet for all my mindees - sorry, don't think that helps you!

Miffy xx

karenandsmile
02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
do you have to bother with one i get the parents to sign in time and sign out then they have done it them selves and one less paper work for me to do lol i have a table by the front door with a book for attendance and visitor book for any one else and a pen on a chain !!!!!!! lol

sarah707
02-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I have a separate sheet for each child for confidentiality.

Yes I would do each child on their own sheet - siblings have their own here :D

miffy
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
do you have to bother with one i get the parents to sign in time and sign out then they have done it them selves and one less paper work for me to do lol i have a table by the front door with a book for attendance and visitor book for any one else and a pen on a chain !!!!!!! lol

I think that's fine - as long as you have a record of the who is on the premises and the times they are there.

Miffy xx

It's a small world
02-11-2009, 08:22 PM

Thought so but thought Id ask. Good job I printed extra copies hey !!!!

Thank you

miffy
02-11-2009, 08:26 PM

I keep the attendance register and fill it in with all the children's comings and goings - one sheet for each week for all the children - no issue with confidentiality there.

Miffy xx

karenandsmile
02-11-2009, 08:27 PM
so am i breaching confidentiallity letting them sign in they all know the kids the all see the children and they only putting childs first name and times and a signature and i sign at the end to confirm what they have put my network officer didnt say anything was wrong with it making me wonder now lol

It's a small world
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
To be honest I thought they would have to be seperate due to names being even though siblings. I would have thought siblings could go on same page but going with Sarah and doing diff pages.....wouldn't put all children on one page as wouldn't be confidential even though parents all know all children etc..but won't necessarily know what times they arrive and leave as may arrive earlier and leave later than each other. If that makes sense....

This is my own opinion it might not make a diff this is juist how I do it but never had siblings before hence the question

sarah707
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I keep the attendance register and fill it in with all the children's comings and goings - one sheet for each week for all the children - no issue with confidentiality there.

Miffy xx

Oh hi Miffy I didn't see you there! :D

My parents sign their child's sheet(s) each month - or weekly if they are paying me weekly.

It's a useful way for them to sign to show they have paid.

I then keep the sheets in each child's folder along with accident reports etc.

It makes sense to me to have everything from each child together and as siblings have their own folders, they have their own attendance sheets as well.

I was told to do it this way many many years ago by an Ofsted inspector ... her reasoning was you know how you can't put x's name on y' accident form even though x bit y???

Well if the parent looks at the attendance sheet for that week she might be able to see who was there at the same time and there might be bad feeling .

YES I KNOW the children will tell parents! But it must not be us.

:huh: Just something that's stuck with me over the years. :D

karenandsmile
02-11-2009, 08:38 PM
parents havnt objected and are not bothered by it so if some one complains then i will change what im doing

PixiePetal
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I had siblings and on odd occasions due to asthma clinic/ one off ill etc they arrived at different times or were collected at different times or only one arrived - separate pages in my house :)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I think you have to have them on separate sheets. If there was an issue of child protection and the times and dates the children are with you are questioned you would have to black out all the other names when supplying copies.

karenandsmile
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
maybe we should do what the schools do and call out names they are all on one page hummmm making me think now

singingcactus
02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
so am i breaching confidentiallity letting them sign in they all know the kids the all see the children and they only putting childs first name and times and a signature and i sign at the end to confirm what they have put my network officer didnt say anything was wrong with it making me wonder now lol

OFSTED like to see the child whole name on any paperwork pertaining to them. Registration sheets, incident pages, observations etc. They say it is for both future reference (in case you have more than one Emily for example) and for if you ever needed your paperwork for a legal issue (to ensure there was no confusion as to which Emily you had notated about).
I keep one for each child, even if they are siblings, in their own record folder too. Each month is headed with month/year and childs full name.

Pudding Girl
02-11-2009, 09:26 PM
maybe we should do what the schools do and call out names they are all on one page hummmm making me think now

Was just going to bring up school registers actually lol

I use the SCMA attendance book which is a week per page and 8 spaces for children on there all on same page.

I don't get my attendance register signed by parents though, schools don't either and if it's fine for them....!

nokidshere
03-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I keep a school type register listing all the children on each page. I don't have the parents sign it either. Mrs Ofsted didn't have any issues over the way the register was kept.

manjay
03-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I do the same as Miffy on a sheet provided by my inspector. Of course I am in Wales so don't have Mrs O to satisfy but my Inspector told me the seperate sheets I was using and getting parents to sign were ott.

tinynippers
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
i personally will have forms in each childs folder with dates times children arrive leave etc that parents sign. but i will have one main attendance register with each child all on the same page.

not to please ofsted or who ever but to make it easy for me to grab in case of an emergency. for example a fire god forbid it ever happen. i wouldnt want to be searching through each childs record to find pieces of paper just so i can do a register and my meeting point. if you follow what i mean.

bet theres so many different ways of doing it though all being ok. what ever suits you best really

xxx

It's a small world
03-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Mine are all in one file but with dividers again easy to pick up in case of emergency but then again their all about me files are at hnad too as are their personal files with emergency contacts/contracts etc. Thinking about putting them into their all about me file now..One less file to grab if need t rush out ..mmmmmm thinking now

gegele
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
i have a file by the door with dividers in.
i have a visitor sheet then under each divider i have a different child.i do s sheet a month. at the end of the month i move the old atendance sheet to their personnal file.
so it's confidential, easily accessible and in case of fire i can just grab and run. LOL

my inspector saw it when she signed in but didn't even inquiere about my attendance sheet lol:thumbsup: