PDA

View Full Version : If you switch from SCMA to MM...

Pudding Girl
02-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Does that mean that all the contracts you already have completed are invalid and need doing again on MM/your own contracts?

I have a week to decide wether to stay SCMA or move to MM.

sarah707
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Morton Michel are not currently concerned about what contracts etc you use.

So long as they are professionally written and give proper information that will stand up in court should you need to make a claim against them, that's fine.

I would say Scma contracts meet those requirements!

You could ring MM and have a chat about paperwork with them - I have always found them very helpful.

Hth :D

Pudding Girl
02-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks Sarah, was aworied that it by continuing to use them it would imply that I was a member when I am not and not sure if there was ever a problem that ended in legal action if it would make a difference.

I'd be loathe to update all the contracts to new MM ones as they are £12 for 5 whereas it's only £7 odd for 10 SCMA ones. I don't ever use my own contracts as I don't think parents take them seriously.

Thinking that I may give MM a trial run for a year and see how I go, not getting anything from SCMA at a local level tbh, nothing worht paying almost double MM cost anyway.

Alibali
02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks Sarah, was aworied that it by continuing to use them it would imply that I was a member when I am not and not sure if there was ever a problem that ended in legal action if it would make a difference.

I'd be loathe to update all the contracts to new MM ones as they are £12 for 5 whereas it's only £7 odd for 10 SCMA ones. I don't ever use my own contracts as I don't think parents take them seriously.

Thinking that I may give MM a trial run for a year and see how I go, not getting anything from SCMA at a local level tbh, nothing worht paying almost double MM cost anyway.

I've been thinking the same, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with MM.

Pudding Girl
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM
decided that I am going with MM. Money is tight right now and even a saving of £36 or whatever it will be is going to make a difference at the moment!