PDA

View Full Version : parent just picked up

hayleychildcare
02-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I have had this little one since he was 6 months old and he is 2 now, he comes 5 days a week 8 am - 1pm.

Mum told me she was trying to get him a nursery place beside me (she lives about 5 miles away) so today i gave her a list of what i would be charging her if Lo went to nursery beside me this is what i told her.

MORNING NURSERY PLACE
If he comes 8 am (as normal) i take him to nursery and pick him up at 12 give him his lunch then she collects him from mine at 1 it is £20 per day.

AFTERNOON NURSERY PLACE
He comes to mine at 8am (as normal) i have him till 12 noon take him to nursery and she icks him up from there it is £20 per day.

Or the option of me having him 8am -9am me taking him to school and her just paying £5, i dont pick him up and i dont keep his place open for school hols.

Does this sound far enough to people because the look on her face was great.

Or should i of done it differently.

youarewhatyoueat
02-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Does she normally pay £5 per hour? Thats £4 an hour isn't it is that what she normally pays sorry reading quickly!! sounds fine to me.
This is something I always have written in my fees when they first come though so maybe she thought she didn't have to pay, or maybe she had forgotten

hayleychildcare
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
i charge and extra £1 for the school drop off to this school as it isnt my normal school for drop offs.

when he started he was going to be going to a nursery near him mum just decided to try and send him to school beside me after she saw the ofsted report they had

LittleMissSparkles
03-11-2009, 01:30 PM
depends what your normally charge her, but i agree that you should be charging her whilst the lo is at nursery if you are takin him and collecting him hth x

little_gems
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd charge if i have to take and collect from nursey, especially if they want that space during school holidays.
I would just charge what i normally chrage.

miss mopple
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
It sounds fair to me but I wouldnt want to risk tying a place up for one hour a day. What if you get a potential full timer that wants to start at say 7.30?

The Juggler
03-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I would do the same I think:)