PDA

View Full Version : Milage / Gas / Electricity

Little Pumpkins
02-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Hiya

Just another quick question

Do you claim your mileage on your weekly account?

Also how do you work out the percentage of you Gas / Electricity? I only get billed every quarter so really don't know what figures to work on

thanks anna

crazybones
02-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Dont claim milage coz dont use car but I split 3 month bill into 3 and then sort out the % depending on what hours I have worked and put it down that way. I may be wrong but this is how I have always done it.

Annie x

LittleMissSparkles
02-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Anna if you have a look around the forum there is plent y of info to help you that is already on here you just need to have a browse :) xxx

sarah707
02-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Like Susan says there's loads of info around to help on this thread...

Pauline's link should clear up the %ages question... :D

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

Little Pumpkins
02-03-2008, 08:31 PM
hi

yes I have already looked at that link, I know the percentage, just that I wont know what I paid for February heating and electricity till May so didnt know how to put it down in my weekly accounts seen as though I wont have a figure or should I base it on last quarters costs

sarah707
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Sorry - I misunderstood your question!

If you dont know your bills until May then you can't do your accounts for them until then either. It's best to wait and do them when you've got the bill in front of you - no panic, it doesn't have to be all weekly!

In May, you will be able to do a breakdown and cut the bill into 3rds, so you can put March and April in this tax year and May into next...

Sorry again! :D

Little Pumpkins
02-03-2008, 08:50 PM
iits ok lol its just me panicking

but hey dont need to do any more accounts tonight!! woohoo

can sit back and wait for my take away, to celebrate my birthday (26 tomorrow)

sarah707
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh wow! Happy birthday to you! Enjoy your take away! :D

My children just took me out for a meal it was lovely! Then we bought a big tub of icecream and a bottle of wine... shared the ice cream! :p

They're heading to bed now, so here's raising a toast to you on your birthday! :D

ChocolateChip
02-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I pay all my bills monthly so was just going to work out my working hours and take the appropriate % rate of the monthly payment, don't know if that's right or not!
Nikki.:)

oakie dokie
03-03-2008, 06:35 AM
nikki thats how i do it too.

hazelx