PDA

View Full Version : Terminatin and fees

singingcactus
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM
HI,
I am terminating care for one of my families, for a whole barrage of reasons. They usually pay at the end of the month (or at some point after this when they feel I have chased them enough!) but the termination will come into effect in the middle of this month - I have a 2 week notice period with this family.

Now, I am not actually expecting them to pay me at all, I have already written it off in my head BUT when should I tell them they need to pay me by? Is it the end of the month as usual or can I ask for it by end of agreement. I am thinking it will be end of month in which case I don't stand a cat in hells chance of getting my money lol, however the hassle of this family will be gone and that will be worth 1000000 times the amount they will owe me.

Thanks for any insight.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Invoice then and give them to the end of the month.

Try and learn from this and always get paid in advance

singingcactus
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I do usually get paid in advance but this was a special case because of particular circumstances.

What I was asking though, is do I invoice for the date of termination OR the end of the month :)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
You need to invoice what is outstanding plus the notice period and then I would give them to the end of the month to pay as per contract

youarewhatyoueat
02-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Hand them the invoice on the last day and make it clear on the invoice that it is due at the end or earlier!!! and breath a huge sigh of relief.