PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Ideas

CAZMCA
01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi,

just wondered if anyone had any advertising ideas i could borrow, my crb came through on wednesday so just waiting for my certificate now, and i would really like to get some potential mindees lined up for when I start to mind.

Thanks in advance

caz

:)

jo f
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Whan I started up I put a flyer up at local parent and toddler groups, baby clinics, shops, chippys hairdressers. I had a t shirt printed with my logo and info on and wore it when I took my daughter to groups. You could also do a leaflet drop at local schools. I'm in the yellow pages (free advert) and on my local childcare information service website- this is where i get most enquiries from.
I know some people have put a sign in their window or garden, but make sure u put to ring raather than have people knock on your door.

brightstar
02-11-2009, 10:53 AM
I had a banner made which I hung outside the house, it worked but one of my "lovely" neighbours complained to the council, so I had to take it down. I advertise on my car, local shops and always wear my clothes with my logo on when out with mindees. Also on Netmums and all other websites I could find. Everyone knows who I am but not much work in my area at the moment. When it picks up my name will be at the top of everyones list (I hope).

It's a small world
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I have signs in my car ,business cards and flyers in shops,internet,but by best is word of mouth..get to as many groups as possible find out where your local childminding group is and get your face known - give them your details if they are full they can pas on your details. I was registered in June and was beginning to think I was never going to get any mindees..then in the last 3 weeks I have taken on 4 children. One isn't due to start till Jan but I'm now full.:clapping: :clapping:

These children have come to me through word of mouth and childminding groups.

Hope this helps and good luck